VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
I was thinking about putting the cd player in the center dash vents that only let cold air out and moving them down under the dash in the foot well .

then i can fit a drink holder in the in the din size hole left in the dash .
mabe my rusty sidebars then.....

Have you still got em.....'cos I love a challenge!I:
Will let you know, I've just stolen an idea I need to look into I:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Swivel seat base
Too much faffing about to turn the seat round
Make sure its pushed all the way forward
Fiddle with the armrests
Turn the seat half way
Unhook the safety belt coz its caught on the arm rest

tilt the seat back into the full upright position

continue to turn the seat

put the seat back into a comfy position
Lower the armrests

And then push the seat back again so you have the room to sit in it without bashing your legs on the middle row of seats

By this time you could have set up the drive away awning and sat down in total comfort
with a beer T:LOL:

Andy

·
Registered
606 Posts
Swivel seat base
Too much faffing about to turn the seat round
Make sure its pushed all the way forward
Fiddle with the armrests
Turn the seat half way
Unhook the safety belt coz its caught on the arm rest

tilt the seat back into the full upright position

continue to turn the seat

put the seat back into a comfy position
Lower the armrests

And then push the seat back again so you have the room to sit in it without bashing your legs on the middle row of seats

By this time you could have set up the drive away awning and sat down in total comfort
with a beer T:LOL:

Andy
totally agree andy they are ****e and havent seen one that isnt stiff/rough :eek: to move

craig

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'd agree about seat swivels. Installed a pair of fasps, tried them for 5 minutes - sold them on.

All the difficulties Andy describes, plus gouging the plastic on the handbrake lever.

More seriously, I thought the integrity of the mounting on the subframe was dubious. No matter what the manufacturers claims of safety testing, if the bolts have to go in ****-eyed or the metal filed away until the fastener-fit is far too sloppy, then their behaviour in an accident will be unpredictable.

It shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to design a good swivel *base* (with no height increase, and with an appropriate turning action to dodge obstructions).

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It is not the swivle seat base that is at fault
Mine fitted onto the base using the origional size bolts(but with countersunk heads)
then the origional bolts hold the seat to the swivel
The problem is the seats were never designed to turn round and are too large to turn easily
If you have ever seen how they work in a large motorhome you would very quickly notice that the space round the seat makes turning it a whole lot easier

the only problem i had with the swivel base was the catch that you opperate to release the lock to turn the seat
It stuck out from the side of the base by about 2 inches
I had to cut an inch out of it and wield it back on shorter so that it did not rub on the hand brake
even after i shortened it i found it hare to opperate in the tint space laft between the lever and the hand brake
So I moved it to the passenger side but since fitting I have never used it once in 2 years

Any one interested in a swivel seat base there bloody brilliant so usefull and practical

only 75 quid you come and collect

Andy LOL:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got some flat aero wipers. They're genuine VW, designed to fit Passats with the "old" type wiper arms. They fitted my T4 perfectly, look good and work well so far. Only problem is while fitting them I let the wiper arm spring back and hit the windscreen :*. Resulted in a large crack which is slowly spreading. I'm booked in for a replacement windscreen on Tuesday :(

21 - 29 of 29 Posts