VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)

It's approaching that time of year again, and since the last MOT I've had a SS side exit pipe from T4S RUS fitted.

The garage that do bits and bobs on my van (and sort the MOT through the local station), well, they always seem to be dubious as to whether the guy at the testing station will pass a de-catted diesel vehicle. The last two years it's gone through with no cat, no problem but now he's even more dubious about whether it'll pass or not with the new side exit pipe!!??!!

I read lots of things on here and elsewhere, and I've just ended up becoming more and more confused/worried....:(

Pleeeease can anyone tell me the law / testing regulations for this so that I can rest easy for a while....on the T4SRUS website, they say that it'll pass, my garage are dubious, and others say a cat or dpf is a requirement....and I know nothing....

Help!! :confused:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I've got a s/s decat side exit and mine passes exactly 2weeks ago - I even got a compliment on my van's sound!

Basically a diesel is tested on smoke density, and the MOT makes his own judgement as to if the sound is at ASBO levels...

What year is your van? Newer vans need a Diesel Particlate Filter (DPF) but think that's only come into place during the age of T5s.

T:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got a s/s decat side exit and mine passes exactly 2weeks ago - I even got a compliment on my van's sound!

Basically a diesel is tested on smoke density, and the MOT makes his own judgement as to if the sound is at ASBO levels...

What year is your van? Newer vans need a Diesel Particlate Filter (DPF) but think that's only come into place during the age of T5s.

T:
Van is a 2001. Hopefully all will be well then, fingers crossed.....Thanks all :)A:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts