VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to take my t4 along on fri for it's MOT, only thing i think may be an issue is the rear discs which are worn down by about 2mm ish. Anyone else think this may be an issue???

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
You will get an advisory but I dont think it will fail

Best get them changed as you know they are a bit worn

After all its your own safety your driving round in

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just worn down by 2mm,that's nothing their is a serviceable limit on brake components and 2mm is nothing.I guess you have a very small lip on the discs.we mot t4,s all the time.the discs would have to be pitted/scored and have a massive brake imbalance for it to fail..he should just pass it with a advisory T:T:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
They have to be absolutely terrible with excessive corrosion or cracks to fail the MOT. The brake efficiency test is an absolute joke by modern car standards!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Just worn down by 2mm,that's nothing their is a serviceable limit on brake components and 2mm is nothing.I guess you have a very small lip on the discs.we mot t4,s all the time.the discs would have to be pitted/scored and have a massive brake imbalance for it to fail..he should just pass it with a advisory T:T:
Brembo catalogue quote 12mm as rears and 10mm min limit. Seeing as these are sold by Brembo as OE discs one would imagine that 12mm-2mm=replace.............

As with all things, MOT is minimum road worthiness test to enable you to be able to put a vehicle on the road.

Look at MOT v construction and useage regs. I would be looking at surpassing minimum requirements as much as i could if it was mine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just occured to me that the pads are needed, probably fair to say if i take it along to MOT without good pads they will sting me for both discs and pads. Anybody advise how much i'd be talking for new discs and pads?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well as it turns out the van passed the MOT, but the brakes 'only just passed' New discs and pads by the summer i reckon! Garage described the discs as average.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts