VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

After some advice. I have had to leave my camper in Scotland (sister in law) as I ve moved to Cyprus for work.

I have to get the Van MOT so that I can move it to Preston (my parents).

I have got quotes for the parts and was wondering if you could cast an expert eye over it and see where I could save cash?:*
Front brake discs and pads £200approx

N/S/R brake caliper and brake pads
£245 approx:eek:

Handbrake Cables £100 approx:eek:

Centre and rear exhaust sections £155 approx - can i get a stainless for less

Track rod ends £65 each approx:(

Tyre £105 - ?????:eek:

Weld Repairs £120 approx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid £40 for a track rod end (genuine vw) the other week, front discs and pads are about £120 from gsf.
Will chat with garage on Monday to see if we can shift the quote down a few quid! Not sure they'll let me supply the parts and just let them do the fitting? But worth a try!

Also after a stainless steel exhaust and think it works out about the same, but the Cat is the problem for passing the MOT,
any ideas?

Cheers

Willie

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
mate thats way too high, look on euro car parts site,get the prices,most of the jobs you listed are about a hour each,all the jobs maybe be half a shift (welding unknown ?) even at £50/hour (small local garage) therm prices are way over the top,av done track rod ends,and rear discs,pads and calliper last year and a lot of other bits and pieces asnd it was no way near that price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts