VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks this has been a pain in my neck all year i broke rear springs
earlier in year put a standard t4 on to get away for a weekend and snapped that 2. got some air bags on just now but sits 2 low. so am changing my van 2 4 wheel drive and looking to lift it up got some 50mm lifting blocks to go in once a weld in some bump stops but a really need some heavy heavy duty springs

any 1 got any ideas where a can get some do the motorhomes come with a special spring for weight?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think the heaviest payload spring is the brown/red springs which have 2000kg payload and were used my pick ups and chassis cabs, which the motorhomes are based on. I bought some from Brickwerks to lift my Syncro Kombi van but when fitting my airbags to my T4 Compass motorhome I noticed they were the same brown/red however they also had a mini coil fitted inside. I cut these out to fit my airbags.

I had read somewhere that someone sourced the rear springs speced on a T4 ambulance with success! Here's a link to a good site which shows all the part numbers on diagrams - found it useful for identifying stuff in the past. Ambulance springs are listed if you trawl around on there (might be under Syncro model).

http://http://etka.cc/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/TR/year/2000/drive_standart/230/hg_ug/511/subcategory/511008/part_id/3705862/lang/e

Let me know what you find.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great thanks for that will look into that

·
Registered
2 Posts
The part numbers from VW are all the same but the only difference between them is the letter at the end of the part number, different letter meant different payloads. I had a issue with these, got them from TPS in the end, can't remember the number though sorry.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Not sure what springs my Clubman has but it has spring assisters fitted. I have all the history of the Van but no mention of them being there from new.
Anyway, it sits nice and level.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got a pair of 3200 t5 springs with 50mm spacers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts