VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since i fitted new discs and pads to the front of my velle they have been squeeling, making horendous noises and generally not working very well. I though like previous times they would sort themselves out after a bit of bedding in time but it wasn't the case with the Motorquip ones. I have just removed the old ones and the surface of the pad is polished and cracked around the outside of the pads, not good! I fitted the Mintex ones and have just come back from a bit of a drive after fitting the pads and i have to say the difference is shocking. Hardly any weight is needed on the pedal to pull up, they are quiet and dont fade.

The moral of the story: Dont bother with cheap pads! The Mintex ones i purchased were not much more expensive and the only negative was i had to mail order them. Believe me they are worth the wait T:T:T:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't buy the pads in fairness becasue Trevor gave them to me at the last Deers Glade. I always thought pads were pads but i have been proved wrong. Hope you are both well by the way T:

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
ive used mintex ones on my work van for the last 150k miles never an issue with them . obviously havnt done 150k on the same set !!! T:
kieran
OOOOH I don't know I once helped an Asian taxi driver who complained that his car was pulling to the left when he braked.
When I had a look for him one of his pads was missing.
He said " oh that one, I couldn't get it out when I changed my pads so left it in"
It had worn so thin it had actually come out of the calliper somewhere on his travels.
The one he had replaced was down to the metal. :eek:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OOOOH I don't know I once helped an Asian taxi driver who complained that his car was pulling to the left when he braked.
When I had a look for him one of his pads was missing.
He said " oh that one, I couldn't get it out when I changed my pads so left it in"
It had worn so thin it had actually come out of the calliper somewhere on his travels.
The one he had replaced was down to the metal. :eek:
My old ones weren't far off, the discs were eating the rivets on the pads :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
A mate sent me this picture of a old boys car he had in, the old boy had changed his own pads but had always had a 'noise' from them. Turns out he fitted the pads metal side to the disc and completely wore the discs away to the cooling fins :eek:.

On the plus side the pads are still like new :D.

·
Registered
211 Posts
A mate sent me this picture of a old boys car he had in, the old boy had changed his own pads but had always had a 'noise' from them. Turns out he fitted the pads metal side to the disc and completely wore the discs away to the cooling fins :eek:.

On the plus side the pads are still like new :D.

omg:eek:holy shi; and everything else i cant say these clowns shouldnt have cars

1 - 17 of 17 Posts