VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
this might sound like a dumb questions but here goes .....

I'm converting our T5 to a camper and managed to get some rear seats from fleabay, they are on rigid steel frame and need bolting down to the floor with 4 bolts. However we are going to have a ply floor covered with vinyl. so ..... how do we do that? do I drill the holes through the van [metal] floor and then line up holes in the wood [and vinyl] and bolt through the whole lot, thereby also holding the floor down solidly.
Or, do I bolt the seat frames direct to the van metal floor and then fit the ply floor around that? I am a bit concerned the bolts / seats would crush the ply if tightened loads?
there are no rails or any other fittings at the moment.

cheers for the help!
Tim

·
Registered
607 Posts
Best bet is probably to do the hole and lining up thing, but fit spacers between the seat and the floor to a: spread the load, B:stop the wood causing play in the seat when it compresses. :)

Think about it a bit more seriously if you're using these seats whilst driving though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for that - spacers are a good idea. T: the seats need to be bolted down solidly for driving with, they've got self contained 3 point seat belts.

what have other people done?
ta

1 - 3 of 3 Posts