VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this is my first post on any forum - got to say this forum rocks, really helpful info all over it.

I've been reading lots and lots of posts regarding rear selt belt fitting, but so far i've only really found speculations. To get my van interior the way i have been planning, i need to put some seat belt mounts on the D pillars (the middle row in the back), has anybody out there done this? what do i need to do?

I can see the non threaded holes, but the bottom section for the webbing reel definitly needs strengthening (i think) and the top hole is from what i can see is on the main support between the roof and the side, but getting a plate in there is a no go, as this runs horizontally so weighted string tricks won't work.

I've already got 2 quick release captain seats mounted to the subframe with VW mushroom bolts so really don't want to give up on this idea. Mounting to the C-pillars does look easier but then the seats are hugging the front seats and the "Lounge" wouldn't be the same.

Any help would greatly be appricated.

Oli

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the reply.
It's an 03 swb 888 special x model, currently just a panel van.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting a company in Cardiff - City Motor services to fit my seat belts, they convert cars for handicap people, and are confident they can fit the seat belts safely. They have promised to test the belts and seats after they have been fitted and if I want issue me with a cert to say they have been tested. They are fitting them on Friday, I'll let you know how it goes, or you can give them a ring 02920364800

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats great news, cardiff isn't far from me either.
Thanks for letting me know, i'll give them a ring!
Be great to hear how you get on with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts