VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I hope someone can give me a hand. I´m about to mount a Multivan-sleepbench in the back of my LWB. I have learned that it is supposed to work out just fine and that it will provide me with 400mm of extra space in the "livingarea". I have figured out where the mountingpositions are supposed to be, but the issue now is the mounting of seatbelts. I want 2 3-points and 1 2-points (for middle). Where will I bolt it into the chassies? I have tried to find some good stuff here, but there are way to many threads to find anything useful.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
There are 2 holes low down on the c pillars and one up high. Simply type into google 'vw t4 rear seatbelt mounting' and you will come up with many results and pictures..

Be warned though vans with wv2 at the start if the chassis number are the only ones with added strengthening to the chassis. A wv1 does not.

I have found that without the added supports the only way to add seats safely with 3 point belts is using seats with intergrated seat belts and a floor rail system..

Hope this news isnt too dissapointing.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Oh and to make things more helpful some vans have the wrong chassis number stamped on them or wrong in the documents.

These are things i have read. Just being a parrot.

Ca caw

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there!

I thought I´d be notified if someone wrote in here.. But no..

Yes, I have found those mounting places you were talking about. They´re completed with the strenghtening plates and all.. but.. I´m using the D-pillar. And that one is of course empty. Googled a lot and found out that I´m missing out on this part.

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
Hi there!

I thought I´d be notified if someone wrote in here.. But no..

Yes, I have found those mounting places you were talking about. They´re completed with the strenghtening plates and all.. but.. I´m using the D-pillar. And that one is of course empty. Googled a lot and found out that I´m missing out on this part.
your album is set to private so we can not see any images.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts