VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to replace the rubber anti-vibration mounts that hold on the intercooler in my T4 2.5 Diesel Caravelle. It looks like the top two bolts are size M6 and the bottom two are M8, but when I spoke to the VW dealer, he said that on my van, all four of the bolts should be M6.

Can anyone confirm for sure if he's right and mine must have been modified?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yes, mine are all 6mm[10mm spanner]on my 2001 model. The first time I removed mine on a previous van the nuts were very tight & one of the rubbers tore undoing it. There is a hex. on both ends of the rubber but they are still hard to hold. They are quite expensive to buy so I tried some generic ones. These turned out to be too long in the rubber section & caused too much pressure when the bonnet was closed. After going back to genuine I have put neversieze on the threads & face of the nuts & don't tighten too much.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I got mine from Ebay. Its to far back now to find the Link but if I remember rightly, it was Rake from here who linked me to them. Could be mistaken though due to me being and old decrepid Trump. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have had some from GSF for about £2.50 each, you wil need to take one in or else they wont have a clue what you are talking about. Also have a look on ebay for fuel pump mounts, there are a few on there that look the same, I am going to ask for dimensions to see how they compare. Also try searching for Damper mount or rubber mount or rubber bobbin. I am in need of about three at the moment myself.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I also got mine from Ebay as VW Stealers wanted £8 each for them. If I can find out who I bought them from I will post on this thread tomoz.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
excellent timing - I tore one of mine up yesterday, so will be needing to get replacements

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, thanks for all the help guys! Looks like little Bertie's been modified as I definitely need M8's for the bottom two holes!

One thing about that ebay link before anyone buys them...the height of the rubber bit on my old ones is 20mm, and those ebay ones only work out to be 11mm if my maths is right!

Having said that, if mine have been modified, then I can't guarantee that the ones in there are the right size, so it'd be nice if anyone could confirm this before I go buying anymore...!

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts