VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my 57 t5 1.9 gear stick has started moving up n down when accelerating/decelerating and seams to have force with it., last week it started really banging back n forth , and I found the clip on the change rods had come off, so replaced this and it seamed fine exept for this, taken it to local garage and they noticed the rear mount was split so they have changed all four mounts, still the same!! now they were on about dmf clutch , gearbox issues!!!! any help greatly recived..also I have low down judder from time to time, could this be that £13 switch?

·
Registered
883 Posts
A lot of members are saying about the offside driveshaft and stub shaft being the problem. My engine seems to clunk abut when letting on and off the revs, so might try the switch and check the shafts. I also have quite a bit of vibration through the vehicle from 1800-2100 rpm in every gear, poss shafts again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that sounds bettr than a gearbox out and dmf....just checked history and its had flywheel/drive plate,manual transmission assy and clutch at 67k drive shaft assy open shafts at 85k I bought it on 87k and its on 107k should these things need replacing?

·
Registered
883 Posts
It's possible that if the clutch switch is defective the rock of the engine co level damaged the splines on the shafts. Mine is a 56 plate with 153k on it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts