VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, like I'm really shocked ! :eek:

I filled my '92 velle up to the brim before embarking on a 168 mile round trip, and again upon my return to establish the mpg.
Now, its a 2.0ltr Petrol with a mileage of 220k and I drove at a steady 55mph- AND I managed to get 34.64mpg!!! A:

·
Registered
339 Posts
hi kate, i put 20 quids worth of diesel in yesterday, and got 15 litres, this time last year i got 19 litres for 20 quid, anyway what you said ain't bad at all T:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I've been telling you lot for years now ................ The 2.0 petrol is the way ahead T:

Not sure about the steady 55mph though Kate :eek:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
ekkk!

i had a 2 litre and didnt get that mpg!! mind you i did like to go a little faster than that, hence i fitted the 1.8 20VT!! :D

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
ekkk!

i had a 2 litre and didnt get that mpg!! mind you i did like to go a little faster than that, hence i fitted the 1.8 20VT!! :D
Yeah you dropped from a 2 litre to a 1.8 for the fuel economy, I'm sure that's the reason you said I: LOL:.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Not bad at all!

T444kids
Re: MPG- omg!
hi kate, i put 20 quids worth of diesel in yesterday, and got 15 litres, this time last year i got 19 litres for 20 quid, anyway what you said ain't bad at all /QUOTE]

Agreed with this mate. I remember when I started driving. 50p per litre for petrol! Even 5 years ago when I had a big thirsty 2.5D hilux monster pick up it was only 80p a litre. Shocking..... & to think the so called runners of the country get 60% of what we pay for a so called "tax". :(

·
Registered
399 Posts
I worked in a garage when I left school in 1976 and it was 36p a gallon, most people had 4 gallons a whole 1 new pound and 44 new pence and if a customer come in with a jaguar with twin tanks you might have got £25 worth in.

I REMEMBER THE DAYS NIPPER WHEN................

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I can remember my Dad moaning when it went over a pound a gallon, in the days when the price displayed was per gallon.

Pub quiz! ...... When did they start displaying the price in litres and not gallons?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I remember when you could fill your tank up for a quid and still have change left over to buy 10 Woodbine. T:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thats not bad at all. My diesel 2.5tdi Caravelle returns about that, 32 - 34 mpg, on a 55mph run so as you said A:. Still, when a gallon is well over a fiver :eek:.

I passed my test in 92 and fuel was definately still displayed in gallons as well as litres but it must have switched to just litres shortly after so I guess around 93 or 94 to go fully metric. And petrol was around 0.46p a litre when I was a newbie driver!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thats not bad at all. My diesel 2.5tdi Caravelle returns about that, 32 - 34 mpg, on a 55mph run so as you said A:. Still, when a gallon is well over a fiver :eek:.

I passed my test in 92 and fuel was definately still displayed in gallons as well as litres but it must have switched to just litres shortly after so I guess around 93 or 94 to go fully metric. And petrol was around 0.46p a litre when I was a newbie driver!

Hi Bud

My 2.5tdi 88hp returns 40 mpg cruising on the motorway at 60 mphT:

And i still remember when you could fill your tank up for a quid and have change left over for 10 Woodbine.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ok, like I'm really shocked ! :eek:

I filled my '92 velle up to the brim before embarking on a 168 mile round trip, and again upon my return to establish the mpg.
Now, its a 2.0ltr Petrol with a mileage of 220k and I drove at a steady 55mph- AND I managed to get 34.64mpg!!! A:
That is bloody good goin did u switch it off every big hill you came 2 lolT:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Bud

My 2.5tdi 88hp returns 40 mpg cruising on the motorway at 60 mphT:

And i still remember when you could fill your tank up for a quid and have change left over for 10 Woodbine.
Ah, well I would have got around 40mpg out of previous manual T4s but with my auto it just isn't as good. 34mpg and i'm a happy bunny! And often its not even that....

I do however remember when it was acceptable to put a quids worth of petrol in my Fiesta, back in the day, and even used to do a fair bit of driving on it! Now, a quid will hardly get me off the forecourt. Ok, maybe a bit further than that but 5 or 6 miles max.....!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is bloody good goin did u switch it off every big hill you came 2 lolT:
Lol, nooooo, I just stuck a big magnet on the front and got dragged along by Eddie (I think his surname was 'Stobart') hehehee.

Funny thing is, in my Beetle cabby (remapped tdi) I only just manage to get 39mpg round town and thats hoofing it everywhere too! Shocking.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Lol, nooooo, I just stuck a big magnet on the front and got dragged along by Eddie (I think his surname was 'Stobart') hehehee.

Funny thing is, in my Beetle cabby (remapped tdi) I only just manage to get 39mpg round town and thats hoofing it everywhere too! Shocking.
did you catch the lorrys name.....might try that next time i see 1 save a few pennys!

Now that is shocking but bet its more fun two drive that... the fuel just enjoy the power.u got any pocs.......ov ur vericle i mean?:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts