VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
54 average on a tenner pretty rough aint it and thats not even heavy footing it, going to pistonheads my 2.5 to swap for 1.9 and see what i get offered..

·
Registered
432 Posts
My old 1.9 was really bad on fuel I put it down to it being a bit slow and me thrashing it alot. My 2.5 is has averaged 36.8 over the last year with the best being 41.9 fully loaded with a trailer on holiday in cornwall.

I know its a bit sad that i know this but I have an app on my phone that works it out for me I:

·
Bercow fan club
10,222 Posts
i must need my 1.9td setting up because my 2.5 tdi is a lot better on fuel unless i put my foot downI:
If you look at the book figures the 2.5 is only slightly better, I've come to the conclusion that the 1.9td is probably more fuel efficient in generally driving conditions than the 2.5, unless you're the AA and do most of your driving up and down the motorway..T:

·
Registered
229 Posts
My old 1.9 was really bad on fuel I put it down to it being a bit slow and me thrashing it alot. My 2.5 is has averaged 36.8 over the last year with the best being 41.9 fully loaded with a trailer on holiday in cornwall.

I know its a bit sad that i know this but I have an app on my phone that works it out for me I:
Ha ha i use that app as well ! Does that make me sad too ?
I get 36mpg from my 2.5

1 - 11 of 11 Posts