VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I want to upgrade my steering wheel to accommodate simple volume control and more importantly cruise control. Is it recommended I can buy the wiring and steering wheel separate to make it cheaper? I've seen some for £700 etc. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,759 Posts
Has anyone managed to get the wheel mounted cruise control to work in a T5?

·
Special Rapporteur
9,765 Posts
I haven't followed it closely but, IIRC, the very late T5.1 models have a BCM that can support the later (mk7 Golf?) style wheel with cruise. I don't know how far towards the end of production this was brought in, but I would guess that it's similar timing to fold-on-lock for the power mirrors.

Personally, if I had a choice between cruise on a stalk or cruise on the wheel, I'd go with a stalk every time, simply because your hand can go to ~exactly~ the same place every time, without needing to look. Ergonomically it's much better, IMO.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Hello All,

I want to upgrade my steering wheel to accommodate simple volume control and more importantly cruise control. Is it recommended I can buy the wiring and steering wheel separate to make it cheaper? I've seen some for £700 etc. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob
The first question is what year of van?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the mk7 golf R wheel on my T5.1 but it does not have cruise control that is still on the stalk. Pictures are in my album.
Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts