VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
After trying to track down a board for my Caravelle that is not £717 from a vw dealer i have brought some lockable rail mounted brackets from a company in german via Ebay.
I need to know the dimensions of the top padded board. if anyone can help so I can manufacture one myself I would be grateful!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi did you get any info ? I also have a pair of rails and amongst the packaging was a a couple of pieces of brown paper with a template for the board it's not clear as to the size (length) as its in 2 parts but I'm gonna mock one up out of card and see what works for us it'll be fixed not hinged but i think length will be shortest we can comfortably get away with

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
At work without van but can measure mine late this evening when I get home if you still need this info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for reply,
I was thinking exactly the same as you to fix it permanently.
Be really grateful to hear how it goes. Maybe even get a copy of the template.
Regards
Duncan

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hi here are the dimentions, roughly measured by a clot with a tape measure i.e me

Thickness is 2cm
Front section (nearest tailgate) length 123.6cm
Back section (nearest rear seat) length 146.3cm
Tailgate to back of seat 62cm

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi everyone,
After trying to track down a board for my Caravelle that is not £717 from a vw dealer i have brought some lockable rail mounted brackets from a company in german via Ebay.
I need to know the dimensions of the top padded board. if anyone can help so I can manufacture one myself I would be grateful!
Hello Caravelle10 read through your thread and have looked for the rail brackets on eBay .
We're they ok to deal with I've not dealt with companies outside the UK. On eBay before so wanted to know of your experiences please
Did you pay in euros or GBP Sterling ?
Was the transit time quick?
Just gebNeural stuff really
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, in the same boat as you.. have a 2012 Caravelle and want the multiflex board but cant bring myself to spend £717. Any chance you could send me the eBay link. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys! I know that this thema is pretty old but...

Can someone measure the botom part/rails from ebay or the oryginal vw? Need the dimension such as height, lenght and the profile size. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts