VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a T5 2013 Kombi Highline

I have recently changed the steering wheel to the multifunction wheel replacing airbag, airbag loom and fitted the 2 repair wires.

All i need to do now is code it so i have a horn and the buttons work.

I have tried today with no luck.

Using Vag.com gone into software and the tick box for multifunction steering wheel is already ticked????
How can this be when it has never had one fitted?

Can anyone help me? or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance. ;-)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Plenty of information available if you use the search function on the forum...T:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Vagnostics I have used the search tool and read many threads regards the multifunction steering wherl but can't find anyone that has experienced the same problem as me?

Tick box for MFSW already ticked when using vag.com?
I tried deselecting and reselecting but still no luck.

Have you ever experienced this or understand why it has happened?
Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are you using a genuine VCDS cable? If not, I'd be seeking out someone who has one with the latest release as your van is quite new.

If MFSW is already ticked, does it not work at all - buttons or horn?

If you never had trip/MPG functions before via the wiper switch rocker button then there are three repair wires between the stalk and cluster that need to go in addition to the MFSW ones.
That'd bring up the menu to scroll through via your MFSW.

I have seen it a couple of times now with second hand wheels that they are ripped out of the old car, so the black internal horn wire comes out meaning it won't sound (the left button set needs removed and opened if this is the case).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it was a genuine vac com connector, the steering wheel is brand new and so is the air bag and loom. It was only the 2 wires that we needed because it's a highline and has the trip on the stalk and cruise as standard.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So you have MFSW ticked but the buttons or horn don't work?

Do you have the VCDS scan to post up, is it running the very latest version available from Ross-Tech?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yes it was a genuine vac com connector, the steering wheel is brand new and so is the air bag and loom. It was only the 2 wires that we needed because it's a highline and has the trip on the stalk and cruise as standard.
My airbag was a straight swap, old to wheel to new MFSW. Have you fitted the correct wheel, without the module in the centre?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts