VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a pod to sit behind the drivers seat of our multivan. Question is does anyone have one, photo, supplier etc. Dont want it to interfere with the table if poss. Space is premium as dog and 2 kids. I:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the reply folks. My only other question is has anyone mounted one to the buddy seat fixings in the floor. Ours currently has no drill holes in the floor and I would like to keep it that way. :ILU:

·
Beardy Bus Driver
1,419 Posts
Here's a pic of my cheap and cheerful option. I made it out of 18mm ply so it's a bit heavy. No water plumbed in but plenty of space to store a big bottle underneath.

I would like to see a solution using the existing brackets. T:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a pic of my cheap and cheerful option. I made it out of 18mm ply so it's a bit heavy. No water plumbed in but plenty of space to store a big bottle underneath.

I would like to see a solution using the existing brackets. T:
Thats the sort of size I was thinking. Bed still pulls out, space on floor for dog when other buddy seat is removed. Something more rounded though, half a semi-circle or triangular.

Cheers for the pic. T:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Boxerdogsrule, you're on my wavelength here :ILU:

I'm currently designing/creating a pod to fit into this area where my buddy seat used to be.

I have to get this finished before the summer starts too!I:

It'll have a curved worktop either concealing a hob sink or just surface mounting it. Ideally the body of the unit will be curved to suit the worktop.

I have a bench, cabinet I'm using now where the buddy seat used to be but it doesn't meet my requirements and I'll re-use it in my new idea. It's anchored to the point where the buddy seat latches to the drivers seat. (I'll try to post some pics later..)

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Check out the pod in my 3rd build thread. Not fitted to a multivan, but do have a multivan seat and this still makes up ok. Looking at the photo above don't think it is any wider than the one pictured, just mounted the other way round.

·
Registered
724 Posts

10 Years old and virtually no signs of wear, and it has been used...

Cut from a single sheet of vohringer, my own designT:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts