VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

We're looking for a full Multivan interior (including buddy seats or Gen 1 or 2 Front and Rear seats + parcel shelf). Does anyone have a good contact in Germany?

Ebay only seems to turn up dribs and drabs / rarely has any Generation Seats these days. Any ebay hints and tips appreciated also. Need to get our 'velle ready for camping this year :D.

Thanks,

Olly

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Be sure about what you want to do. The Caravelle and Multivan are quite different in the way things are mounted to the floor and side panels etc. You could end spending a lot on stuff that could be a pig to fit.

The later Caravelle with the floor runners make for a very flexible base, where as the multivan with rear facing jump seats have floor mountings that might not be so easy to put in place.

My first Caravelle was a 7 seat Cl and with turn table cab seats, the centre two seat bench folded down for a table was very useful as a day van. Many folks have added to this to make for a lay over bed set up.

My current Caravelle is a 51 plate Multivan and is the love of my life. But the fixings and mounting are a big change to a normal Caravelle. Which I assume is why VW moved over to the floor runners etc and the Multivan name was short lived.

But good luck with your build. T:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for you're reply, David. We've a twin sliding 2000 'velle. When I say full interior I don't mean the plastics / table. Just the rear seat system (potentially buddy seats) and the captains seats so they match. Does the blower cause issues / I thought Multivans had them and fitting would be a case of installing the runners in the rear and tidyily removing the middle and rear seats.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Your, sorry :D. Can we really still not edit?
Go on German eBay - loads on there just have google translate to hand - I had a pallet of goodies including the multivan seats sent over for £600 - they have every part you can imagine over there ( they would !)T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts