VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Neal G I've got a nice set of Multivan seats to go in my ex-AA. The fronts are easy enough but I've had a quick look in the back, I can see where I need to drill through the floor to bolt in the sliding mechanisms but underneath the plate for the air suspension is in the way. This probably means I'll have to take it all out, I would have liked to have kept it but I plan on lowering later anyway.

So, has anyone encountered this and what did you do to fit your seat bed? Pics of the underneath would be good.

:confused:

Matt.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
My Airbags were already out when my MV seat went in, but have heard that the airbags will get in the way so they need to come out to fit I'm afraid.

You may aswell lower it at the same time as fitting the seat though ?
No point getting the spanners out twice eh :D ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a good plan Neal. Spoke with Mike CMC today on your recommendation and he convinced me it's pretty straight forward to do. I got everything lined up inside the van then took a look underneath and couldn't see anything because of the air bag plates. I'll take them off and sell them I think, change the springs and shocks at the same time. Picking up the fixings from work tomorrow, hopefully making up some plates too.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Sounds like a plan :T

how about taking loads of pictures and doing a pictorial "how to" ?

Would be usefull to quite a few people I would think

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looking at doing this myself and just wondering if anyone has produced a "how to" guide, one with pictures would be especially helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Pushing the seat back a bit would mean that the bed would not work properly as the seat back would not fold down all the way but sit on the mattress.
Would be fine if you only wanted as a seat though, although the seatbelt mounting points as standard are only just behind the headrests so wouldn't want to go too far back with it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts