VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a Multivan rear seat fit in the back of a Lwb T4? Im pretty sure it will. Just that there will a gap by the tailgate, when the bed is folded out.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Yes it will. As you said there will be a 40 cm gap at the rear of the bed though.

I'm sure you could fettle it to mount right at the rear, but then the seatbelts would be 40cm further forward than they are designed to be.

I thought of doing a LWB with Multivan seats, and having a rear facing kitchen that stood on the floor at the back and was higher than the bed section.
Creating a kind of rear bulkhead/headboard type thing.

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it will. As you said there will be a 40 cm gap at the rear of the bed though.

I'm sure you could fettle it to mount right at the rear, but then the seatbelts would be 40cm further forward than they are designed to be.

I thought of doing a LWB with Multivan seats, and having a rear facing kitchen that stood on the floor at the back and was higher than the bed section.
Creating a kind of rear bulkhead/headboard type thing.

Thanks Neal, Just weighing up my options for my next van:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm considering the same (even have a set lined up), but as the extra length is between the wheels, wouldn't this pose a problem when fitting? Is the distance from the wheelarch to the rear door greater in a LWB? I'd say no, in which case, there will be something off other than a gap at the back.

Does anyone have pictures of a LWB multivan bed install?

cheers.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
The extra length in a LWB is at the back.

So as mentioned above, there would be a 40cm gap at the back between the rear mattress section and the rear door.

·
Registered
66 Posts
OK, thanks for clearing this up.

From what I gather, the fitting of this to a Caravelle should be quite easy. Drill some holes (marked by the dimples), and the rails mount there and to the lashing points. The underfloor strengthening plates are already there.

Do you know of any install threads on here detailing the experience?

cheers
david.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts