VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi- to add a little of my experience (declaration - we stock MV Airo heaters at kiravans)

I went to two folks to ask about getting an MV Airo heater installed. The first a local VW convertor/mechanic - he actually did the job for me (first time he has seen one) - he reckoned it was exactly the same as fitting a Webasto but the supplied fitting kit was better as it included everything right down to screws for fixing bits to the van body and jubilee clips.

Second person I spoke with was a large commercial van/truck mechanic company and auto electrician - he had fitted several previously and rated them very highly. Said spare parts were easy to get hold of and everything just seemed fine - but cheaper. His summary was Buy an MV Airo and get Free Fitting. ie sourcing the heater and getting it fitted comes to about the same total price as a Webasto supply only.

Our experience with them has been very good - plenty of stock available, spare parts sent out very quickly, and no issues for experienced heater installers / mechanics fitting them.

I've been playing with the remote control and mobile phone control units these past few weeks and they've been very good too. The in-van controller looks a bit less neat than the Webasto one BUT it does include 2 operating options - either thermostatically controlled on/off (same as Webasto control) OR constant output (ie you can switch it to run constantly at a low level of heat output.

We've put together a fitting guide if you're wanting to see what's involved. This is for fitting under the drivers seat, we'll have an under-body stainless steel mounting kit available next week.

One final thing - MV Airo do have a UK service / parts / warranty team who we have found to be very responsive & focused on building the product reputation here.

Best wishes
Rob
Kiravans

·
Previously: mikemccannable
226 Posts
Hi all.
I Know the owner as he is local to me. I supply and fit them and have found them to be great. Yes there is customer back up !!! as it comes with a 2 year guarantee & they will have no worries about sorting out any troubles for you. And its not a little bit cheaper but a lot!

Mike

·
Registered
776 Posts
I am only going on if you get a fault on an Eberspacher unit there is a nationwide (european as well) network of dealers with test equipment to be able to test the unit on site and be able to fix it there and then under warranty (3 years), when i first looked at these as there is a cost saving no such testing was possible and the unit has to be removed and sent of to be tested, is that different now?? as of course a cost saving is great but for me at present the cost saving is not that great enough to tempt me away from Eberspacher as my first choice, but its nice to have choice out there to cater for all budgets.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
How much are they? Struggling to find a price?

Ebers seem to be just under £700 (although mine cost me less than £200 all in second hand).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts