VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have owned my van since August, and have been modifying it slowly ever since. I never made a build thread incase i cocked the build up!!

Ive used the forum loads throughout this time, and must say thanks to all the guys who quickly offer help and advise! T: hopefully know i can start passing some of my lessons back on!!!

This is the Van as i picked it up, 02 plate 2.5tdi 88bhp Blue I model. With 165,000 miles, used as a farm supplies delivery van, then a fire protection company. It came with full service history.

I first set about lowering it, i opted for 55mm GMAX springs, and budget dampers from Bluebird. My aim is to upgrade these when im happy ive done everything! (When that will be?!!!) As you can see bumpers are off, as i was stripping it down for paint!!:ILU:

I then installed some Leather Bucket Seats taken from a Mercedes CLK, the guy at the scrappers told me?! These were 70 notes! Had to weld them into place, but was simple enough to do.
There elctric but i havent wired them up, i just hooked a battery to them, set the right position and left them!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Van then went into be sprayed, i opted for audi IBIS White, with a Metalflake black roof and spoiler, which is a Proton colour!!

Progress

and came out on a very snowy January afternoon!! Looked really white, even against the snow! :cool:
And as you can see i slipped my Badgeless grill, clear indicators and 18" RS6 Wheels on. Yea Yea original i know?!I:

Also had my Metal Pressed plates fitted, which look awesome!! Just have to steer clear of the Feds!!:eek:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing i really wanted for the van was a custom emblem for the rear tailgate. Hip Hop music being a passion of mine i opted for the Public Enemy logo, which a mate at work cnc machined, he had to guess the coordinates off a computer print out i gave him. Props go out to him!!!T:

I then had it powder coated Red, and fitted it!!

And you can see i also have installed a Stainless Bumper Guard, which im actually as worried about scratching as my bumper!!! LOL:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starting on the inside!!

I had my headlining retrimmed with Black and White Check fabric! As seen in the following pics i insulate it properly!!! lol.

Then layed a vinyl tile floor from B&Q, which im not too happy with as its being used its starting to lift the corners up on some tiles, and scratching real easy. So that might be a repeat job for the future. Dont worry i tidy the edge up too!!

As mentioned this van is for my Motocross bikes and Mountain Bikes.

I bought some Motocinch bike hitches to be used in the van. Im real impressed with these, even though a pain to fit, they hold the bikes real still and square without the need for any straps pulling them from all angles!

To mount my push bikes in, i installed some fork mounts on the bulkhead, these again im very impressed with, although fiddly to put you bike in, they look FACTORY!!!:ILU::cool:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh forgot to mention i had some decals made for the side of the van too, anyone local to the Preston area i will 100% recommend Optimum signs on Redscar industrial estate some creative young lads!!

One job that i put off for ages!!! Ply and Carpet the back, i was scared to death as this is way outta my comfort zone. But im chuffed with my results.

As you can see, i cut myself some thin guage ally chequer plate for the panels i thought might take some knocks!!

View from the back, and i have had my Bulkhead graffity sprayed. By a friend who i cannot name, or the police will be after him!!LOL:LOL:

So just got the Upper sliding door and tailgate to finish when i get abit of time!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thats all for now, but i would love to see your comments on what you think.
Its been a real learning curve, and im sure ive missed loads out that ive done, but i seriously love my Bus!!

Il be updating soon, as i have just got some sidebars and won some new wheels on Ebay!!:ILU:

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Lovely looking van T:

I like the mounting systems you have used for your MX bikes very neat and well thought out.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi really like the mounts that hold your mx bike where did you get them from and how much and how are they mounted thanks
http://www.motocinch.co.uk/

Hi mate, i bought them whilst at Weston Beach race last year. They had them on a promo offer, and i paid £100 a pair for them. Which sounds expensive, but i bought 4 extra floor studs which we fitted in my dads van (T5). So with only 2 sets of cinches we can take both bikes in either van. T:

They are abit of a pig to fit, as you have to drill through the floor of the van, and they are bolted through. So ensuring your not going to hit the chassis is tricky, and mine couldnt go exactly where i wanted them, but overall im happy with them.

Hated having to have straps pulling the bike at all angles, and it still rocking about!!!

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I cant even see the pics as im at work but im still impressed just from the the description of what youve done. sounds awsome mate. A:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts