VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day my 4 year old boy told me he wanted his toy police van to look like my van with big wheels! no problem I said lol. First off we had to decide on a set of rims' after some debate and an hour trawling through his car collection we settled for the wheels of the Cadillac, before we went any further with the build we had to make sure the caddie wheels fitted the van without fowling the wheel arches' they fitted a treat. Next job was the paint work, with the van totally disassembled and prepared for painting I told my boy I had to take it to work to spray it (I work in a body shop) and I had a can of red spray there as well. With the paint work all done and the aide of a black permanent marker it was ready to be reassembled. I'm quite pleased with the result, not the best paint job in the world but I'm sure my boy will be happy with it. taking it home tonight to give back to him.

·
Banned
924 Posts
That is well cool T: like he said you could make a fortune at shows n that T: perhaps a new forum based business I: I: id take one :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
at first i chuckled as i thought thats a very tacky t4 toy but the finished result makes me want it lol A:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Blimey! Thanks for all the positive replies chaps I was not expecting this much response to be honest. Not sure if I would have the time to do loads of them to sell LOL:

·
Registered
542 Posts
That is great! Your boy must be the only four year old with his own custom t4 T:A:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Excellent.I like it when people modify stuff like that. i bought three T4 european Police Caravelles off ebay from a guy in Germany. One for my eldest, one for my youngest and the third for............ (me!) They are slightly bigger scale. I had planned to Repaint one in moonlight blue pearl and put surfboards on the roof, black the windows(same as my bus) but that was 18 months ago....Perhaps when the kitchen's finishedA:
Let us know what he thought!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts