VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all, I thought i had diagnoised my problem with my van 2.4d auto 1998 not going into any gear apart from 1st gear(not drive 1st),Thought it was the the ecu for the gearbox so took it out and the pcb had a component loose and hanging off so bingo!Got one on order from a breaker's and waiting to try it!! Ive just been outside and seen i left the sliding door open as the light was on,i switched the engine on to test the battery put it into drive just in case(with no gearbox ecu)and its working!!!Going int drive and moving and reverse also,cant go anywere to test it as i've got the belly pan off and cant get it out from underneathbut you can feel it crabbing when reved ,the display still dosent register anythig and the when in park the reverse light comes on as well as when its in reverse??? this has just driven me to despare as thought i had sorted it when the new ecu turns up, How can my van now work with no ecu? Does it tell it to change gear? Put it on a reader it said ecu or gearbox?? whats happening anyone help or now a good garage in the cheltenham area as doing my head in:confused::confused:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update,Put it in drive and it does try but feels like the clutch is slipping,Put it in 1st and its ok ??? put the new gearbox ecu no difference its got to be electrical!!! helpppppppppp

·
Registered
334 Posts
you could probably do with clearing the adapts from the ECU, did you definitely get one that matches the three letter code from the gearbox

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the 1 ive got has no info on it all the pins match i will investigate it came from same age van 1998 2.4d auto caravell!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
updated took the belly pan off last night to find a 30 amp fuse looked everywere to find its location any ideas? wiring diagrams ive seen are rubbish!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts