VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just wanted to pop in and show you my new camper van. I've been lucky enough to get to spend the last week in West Wales surfing and kite surfing in the sunshine and driving rain. I got the van a couple of months ago and had it converted by Rob at Cascade Conversions. The reason that I'm posting this is because I feel that he did such a good job he deserves some serious credit!

I went to him having spent a little to much on the van and looking at the quality of the conversions I honestly didn't think I'd be able to get what I wanted but after a chat and a few modifications I got the van booked in. I'd already had a window put in but Cascade carried out all the other work. I had what I would consider a standard conversion, nothing out of the ordinary. When I picked up the van I was to be honest, gobsmacked. The quality of the fitting and finish is just brilliant, the guys had done exactly what I had asked for and then some (crash tested seats with belts, folding table which I was unaware of). Looking around carefully the matching upholstery seems really top notch and well fitted to the bed, the window and trim fits perfectly and the van lining is faultless. Like I said I've been on the road for the last week, I was really pleased that the back of the van is really quiet, no squeaks or rattles from the units as per my previous conversion even on crappy country roads. The rock and roll bed is super comfortable and moves into position very smoothly. I didn't opt for hook up on the van as I usually free camp so I opted for an inverter which is powered from the leisure battery as is the LED lighting and pump for the sink, all work perfectly. I couldn't be happier with the conversion and I've had so many positive comments about it.

Rob asked me not to advertise the price of the board but I've seen conversion that cost £7000+ that don't compare in quality and I cannot imagine meeting someone more pleasant and as helpful as Rob. Cascade are based in S Wales, if you're looking for a conversion you'd be silly not to give Rob a ring!

Cheers. James

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very nice :)

This is my van "Pippa" which I have had for approx. 1 week

I had her done at "Work and Leisure Vehicles" in Osset, I am really pleased with her too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice quiver of North Vegas's tucked in the back there too!

I just picked up a van off of a forum member for some kiting and surfing expeditions. I'm a North Rebel man myself though.

I'll try and get a few van pictures up later today, can't wait for the first kitesurfing weekend away. Hopefuly a nice van is going to keep the Mrs from bending my ear too much about being out on the water :ILU:

Probably not!

·
Registered
46 Posts
We are currently having a van converted by Cascade. Rob even sourced the van for us which we got for a really good price. Looked around at lots of converters, but were really impressed with Cascade, especially the swivelling double passenger seat, which means the driver's seat doesn't need to turn so you can get more cupboard space, and it's cheaper. The price we have been quoted overall is really reasonable. Should be ready by November, so will post some piccies and a review then!:D

·
Registered
989 Posts
Love the van, what a gorgeous colour!!

Oh and hello :)

·
previously known as: baggit
812 Posts
Hey everyone. Just wanted to pop in and show you my new camper van. I've been lucky enough to get to spend the last week in West Wales surfing and kite surfing in the sunshine and driving rain. I got the van a couple of months ago and had it converted by Rob at Cascade Conversions. The reason that I'm posting this is because I feel that he did such a good job he deserves some serious credit!

I went to him having spent a little to much on the van and looking at the quality of the conversions I honestly didn't think I'd be able to get what I wanted but after a chat and a few modifications I got the van booked in. I'd already had a window put in but Cascade carried out all the other work. I had what I would consider a standard conversion, nothing out of the ordinary. When I picked up the van I was to be honest, gobsmacked. The quality of the fitting and finish is just brilliant, the guys had done exactly what I had asked for and then some (crash tested seats with belts, folding table which I was unaware of). Looking around carefully the matching upholstery seems really top notch and well fitted to the bed, the window and trim fits perfectly and the van lining is faultless. Like I said I've been on the road for the last week, I was really pleased that the back of the van is really quiet, no squeaks or rattles from the units as per my previous conversion even on crappy country roads. The rock and roll bed is super comfortable and moves into position very smoothly. I didn't opt for hook up on the van as I usually free camp so I opted for an inverter which is powered from the leisure battery as is the LED lighting and pump for the sink, all work perfectly. I couldn't be happier with the conversion and I've had so many positive comments about it.

Rob asked me not to advertise the price of the board but I've seen conversion that cost £7000+ that don't compare in quality and I cannot imagine meeting someone more pleasant and as helpful as Rob. Cascade are based in S Wales, if you're looking for a conversion you'd be silly not to give Rob a ring!

Cheers. James
Nice van choice, great colour choice and excellent Kite choice :DA:T:I:

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
yep, it looks really good and hope you have a good time in it T:
There are a few good converters out there, Andy and his team at AJC in Stalybridge did ours and it is the dogs danglers, top company for service and advice especially after sales T:A::ILU:

·
812 Posts
Get yourself under a Bandit 6 and you'll soon see the light T:

Good to see some kiters on the forum mind you (whatever their persuasion!)
phf, that is very unlikely, been there, wouldnt go there again, but earlier badits :D

depends what uyou want them for anyway doesnt it i guess. tis good to see fellow kiters on here though as you say. A:T:

·
Registered
20 Posts
phf, that is very unlikely, been there, wouldnt go there again, but earlier badits :D

depends what uyou want them for anyway doesnt it i guess. tis good to see fellow kiters on here though as you say. A:T:
Entirely different kite from the earlier variants. More C, less delta! I only ride waves, so perfect for me anyway :ILU:

·
812 Posts
Forgot to say sick van you have. Got the velle seats in the back too but with two kids below 4 they ain't getting trimmed in leather yet!
Lol cheers matey, I'm paranoid enough with two dogs and I can tie those down lol, got a great over mattress mate, keep meaning to do a review :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks great and that,ll be easy to spot about T:,ive come across you James on the kiteboard forum.Looks like Shell Island in the pic ? I,ve never tried kiting there,any good ? we are mostly found at Ynyslas,Borth, see you about maybe? welcome T:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts