VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well they have landed....:mw

Kris from Bandedsteels.com has just dropped them off and they are now sat in the back of my van till i get home tonight :D

Firstly, what a top bloke Kris is..so if you are reading this fella...thankyou

and as for the wheels...they look fantastic...

they started off like this....

and now look like this having just been dropped off....

pics coming soon ....I: Rasp:

:ILU:

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
well they have landed....:mw

Kris from Bandedsteels.com has just dropped them off and they are now sat in the back of my van till i get home tonight :D

Firstly, what a top bloke Kris is..so if you are reading this fella...thankyou

and as for the wheels...they look fantastic...

they started off like this....

and now look like this having just been dropped off....

pics coming soon ....I: Rasp:

tease....:D

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ok, here goes :)

just in from work and driving home sat thinking what colour to spray.... me thinks now having got them into the light, bright silver with the black center caps :ILU:

the only other option is black centers and bright silver dishes... but sadly not all black, as though cool, i judt dont think yer will see the dish ;)

so hope these give you an idea...

as they were

now, 9J's at the back, 8.5's to the front

with merc center caps which i had to modify the lugs on the back by warming each one up, putting a socket over the end so that the lugs would cool down and shrink to fit on to the 17mm headed VW wheel bolts as opposed to the standard merc 19mm ones :D

an arty shot...

my 4" dish on the 9J rears I:

the quality of the welding is superb and if you are going down this route cant recommend these guys enough A:

so next step will be to wipe down, key up and then paint...definately bright mettalic silver ;) ...:ILU:...but that's a job for another day ;)

will put up pics as i go

·
Banned
924 Posts
Hey fellaT:
They look fooking fantastic!!!! Mine are all masked up ready to be painted but am soooooooo tempted to rip it all of and send them away...... Ohhhhhhhh!!!! The masking off has just blown away I: must be a sign:D

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Awsome Dave A: Those centre's work really well too T:

Still cant believe these are just for winter :confused: I would run these over any alloys anyday :D Nice one mate :ILU:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
you are so right Kieran....

think the plan just changed ;) these are goin on and me thinks will be there for a while :cool:

LOL:
Once they are on mate you will love em ;) and the comments and questions you will get about them is just unreal..

Nice one.. Gutted mine sold tbh..

Get em painted and get em on! :D

Whats the et on the rear? H:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dave,

glad you are happy with them. I think they will suit the van in bright silver.
if you are struggling to get the tyres on i can get them sorted for you T:

Kris

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Dave,

glad you are happy with them. I think they will suit the van in bright silver.
if you are struggling to get the tyres on i can get them sorted for you T:

Kris
hello mate...think i dealt with you when you banded a couple of steels for me after some idiot messed up 8 of my wheels...:D

second the service that dave had..very good guys...very helpful..

T:

·
Registered
65 Posts
you spoke to me, i remember that predicament ;)

Glad we could have helped sort out that dilemma.

Cant wait to see pics of them on the van, the t4's and t5'ws look cool with them on

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ET on the rears workout at 28 on a 2.5" band on an original wheel of 6.5J, ET60 I: so I reckon a 2" band on a similar, my front wheel actually, would give an 8.5J with an ET35 which I reckon is doable without any sliding door mods...well I have had 18's on in that size before I modded mine...please don't shout at me though if it doesn't ;)

The cost to get mine banded was £340 and seeing the finished product, money well spent..

1 - 20 of 96 Posts