VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
well....they are on :ILU:

these pics are almost the equivalent to live streaming from the garage ;)...i havent even seen them in the flesh yet...I:

gone for 10mm rear hubcentric spacers and 5mm fronts, sliding door just opens T: and the main thing ...hardly any weights to balance the wheels up, so yet again testament to the quality of workmanship from banded steels...cheers Kris A:

so here is what i have so far, bearing in mind too the van had just come off the ramps so hasnt settled properly yet...

loads more better pics to follow ;)

:ILU:

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
next set will be/would be I: 9.5J ET22 rear and fronts 9J ET29 fronts...with space to spare but no spacers ;)

looking good mate...you have got the wheel bug...LOL:

mine are still under wraps...;)...want be on this season...they need some serious work...T:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Mine were 9.5j et25 rear T: Without spacers! Rasp:

Send em my way when ya get borred I:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
:D @ you lot T:...and yes Si i have... but there again i always have ;)

tbh these are a 25 year bucket list item :) always fancied banded steelies on my golfs as a younger degenerate/man I: so i guess its quite nice that now, after a lot of hard work, i can maybe tick some items off that list :ILU:

regarding donor wheels, anything will do so long as they fit now, but the higher the ET means the bigger the dish ;)

cheers for the nice comments chaps T:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
So what ET are these?

And how high an ET could you go to?
see below for my present ET's...not a case of how high an ET you get to, but how low ( the higher the ET the more your wheel sits in, the lower the ET the further your wheel sticks out...

from another thread...

"my steels, 16 x 6.5J ET60 mercedes vitos

should have them back back end of next week...going for a 2"band on the front and 2.5" band on the rears, making them 8.5J and 9J respectivly...will obviously get some pics up as soon as i have painted them...black, of course

Kris from banded steels has been very helpful ... got my wheels shipped direct to them having bought them via Jkay's offer in classifieds

key is to buy/have steels with a high offset...mine were ET60, which had they been on my van would have stuck well in under the arch...

how it works is... if you put a 2"band on an ET60, 6.5J wheel, how you work out what the ET will be in the end is, working in mm's, a 2"band = approx 50mm, you then half it and subtract that number from your original ET... so with an ET60, a 2" band, my wheel will come out as an 8.5J wheel with an ET 35 (60-25) ...perfect fit for the front and the rears will, with a 2.5" band making them 9J with a 28.5ET ...so i know these will fit as i already run 9J et15 borbet A's on the rear

but...and this where you have to be careful...if you had a similar wheel with say an ET 30 wheel, you would end up with an ET5, 8.5J wheel which on the front would not work and you may get away with on the back with a spaced out slider...

hope that kinda makes sense..."

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dave, the wheels look amazing on the van!!

It was good to talk to you again this morning, i will get the pics up on the bandedsteels website T:

41 - 60 of 96 Posts