VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ive got my Black 2001 multivan in the classifieds and have had a lot of interest and a couple of offers upto 9k but unfortunately i am only selling as i want to sort out some debt - if i cant do it by selling then i will keep it and sell something else ! Anyway the Multi is up for £10500 and i think thats fair for what it is , got agreed insurance for £12000 and its high specced - What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think its a fair price for a rare well spec'd van!! Multi's are the vans to have at the moment but due to the crappy economic climate people are holding back on the luxuries!!

I have had my high spec'd multi for sale for a while with many silly offers, its not as tidy as yours but is 2.5k cheaper, still not sold though!

In all honesty your just waiting for the right person at the right time to come along who is after a nice clean multivan who appreciates what it is, what its worth and what it will be worth in years to come!!

If you hold out for your asking price i think you will probably achieve it however it will probably take a while as the market for a multivan is fairly small.. In reality i think a price of around 9k would see it shifting fairly quickly..

Lovely van though in nearly the best colourI:I:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply - its difficult when you're an enthusiast to keep perspective of what its worth as a commodity versus the emotional price we put on our cherished vehicles . Thanks for your honesty and i will just wait for the right person to come along.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
£12k sounds like an awful lot of money for a 10 year old van (albeit a multivan). Think I would snap up the £9k offer.

I paid 1/4 of that for a fully loaded '98 Caravelle with half the mileage & FSH.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,968 Posts
I personally think its too much money for what is technically (not yours specifically) a jumped up Velle at twice the price. I will never understand how anyone will think an old, high mileage van can be a bargain, sorry just my opinion. Multivans never seem have Climate control like high spec Caravelles do too, madness!

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I reckon you're looking at a very specific market which means, as has already been said, you might have to wait a while for your buyer to come along. There's a lot of vans out there at the moment, the prices are keen and you're looking for top money on yours - not that its not a very nice van!

·
Registered
987 Posts
I could never justify that kind of money for a van that has done that mileage. Especially when you can pic up a top spec velle with mileage under 100,000 for around 6k.

It is a lovely van and will definitely sell at the right price for someone, what ever that price will be who knows??

Good luck T:

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I personally think the price is about right. I sold mine a few months ago for a bit more. It was immaculate and a very good spec with digital climate control in the front and rear, cruise control and front fog lights. It also had low mileage with full service history and I've struggled to find anything that is anywhere near as good.
It's a very bad time for selling at the moment but I would give it til March or April to see if its sells before reducing the price. T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts