VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right, although i have made my van a Day van rather than a camper i have decided to make the most of the space i have. after i got it carpeted lined and floored last month the next stage is coming in to existence this week.

the wheel arches were boxed for seats so ive ordered some REFLEX 400H foam to fit and have designed some Marvel Comic covers

ive ordered a saltrock skimboard and an island table leg kit to go in between. the table will be removable.

Im looking at black and white vinyl tiling for the rear of the van to suite the day area. this will go up to the rear of the double seats i have just ordered and am getting shipped over from Doncaster (Im in Lisburn!) got the seats with integrated belts for a steal so shipping although cost £81 was well worth it.

ive also got 70+ Beano magazines which will be de-stapled, and cut to 'bomb' the rear door card, then lacquered to protect.

there is also 2 net type storage cards to go up on one side of the carpeted panels.

Really excited as my OCD will hopefully keep it semi-pro. Pictures to follow..........

The idea is to have an attractive functional rear of the van for when im off doing my triathlons or weekend trips away with the new family

my boy was born on Thursday 3rd October so I only get time to do it right once!

·
Banned
10,253 Posts
Congrats ! Hope the build goes well and what a lovely little man you've got to give you a hand.. Enjoy him.. T: :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right heres a pic so far. All i need to do is sow the seat cover material and fit the floor tiles. anyway so far so good!

Loving the journey! My boy is too, the wife.....not so much, lol T:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Looks good mate. What did you use out of interest for the sliding door step? As in the egde strip. Have been researching for a while as to how to do it. Its not as simple as the original side steps you can buy as my floor has been raised by around 30mm.

After looking about theres nothing that will bend round to leave an even better finish.

I did think of cutting a unique shape out of ply and lining it with whatever. But undecided thus far.
Mat

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the aluminium edger with an over hanging lip. it finished the floor nicely and cover the void between the new floor and the old. T:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well today i borrowed a sewing machine and after about half an hour managed to work out how it worked. i then practised making a couple of pillow cushions with a length of material left over from what i had cut and measured for the main seat foams. it actually turned out so well i used them!

i then got the confidence to crack on with the main foams. they were relatively easy although one end on each had to be done by hand when i had slowly edged the foam in. all in all very happy!

tomorrow i should be getting my marvel vinyl which is goin on the rear door card and then next up is the over head dvd player and floor vinyl for the seated area. T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts