VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 547 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought my 2.5 174 in January 2011. When I bought her she was in a bit of a state!!! No mot or tax, needed suspension and brakes all round and she was side swiped on both sides!!!
So this is what she was like when I first got her!!!

Then I thought id change the standard steelies for some 16" alloys

Then came the chrome drl headlights and black checkered bonnet bra

Then came Bristol volksfest, and I got her a new set of wheels, chrome bars, mirrors, door handles and rear spoiler

Then came the stainless steel exhaust system

Then the lower springs were put on

Now I had her like that for over a year until I hit a pot hole and craked and buckled the deep dished wheels, another set of wheels were then bought :D

Now comes the best bit of all T: remember me saying about the side swipes!!!! Well it was really starting to get to me so I decided enough was enough and after 5weeks she now looks like this :D

You can also find my respray thread here!!! http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=192012
She's still not finished yet, I've still got plans to insulate and carpet the rear out along with a black leather recaro drivers seat and flat bottom steering wheel :D

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Not usually a big t5 fan but that looks the business mate,If you dont mind me commenting though those chrome mirror covers are pants and shout Halfrauds get rid of them.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I think the mirrors pick up on the chrome of the A Bar and lights well actually.... And I'm not normally a fan of chromed up vans. I think the whole thing works well T:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the mirrors pick up on the chrome of the A Bar and lights well actually.... And I'm not normally a fan of chromed up vans. I think the whole thing works well T:
Cheers mate appreciate that T:
Can't wait till the next meet so you can all see her in the flesh

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Nice paint job , like the bonnet !....... Nice touch T:

Wheels looking good , my next job when £ let's me ? I:

I'm not a massive lover of the chrome mirrors and bull bars , but hey , we all love our vans in different ways and it'd be a pretty boring place if they all looked the same ? A:

look forward to seeing the inside when it's done Ajay ! :D

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice paint job , like the bonnet !....... Nice touch T:

Wheels looking good , my next job when £ let's me ? I:

I'm not a massive lover of the chrome mirrors and bull bars , but hey , we all love our vans in different ways and it'd be a pretty boring place if they all looked the same ? A:

look forward to seeing the inside when it's done Ajay ! :D
Cheers mate T: Andy (spray painter) and I wanted to do a truely unique one off job T:
And I have to say mate I love my van for what she is, I've done her to how I like her to be T: if the time comes then things can always be changed!!! T:
What sort of thing you looking to do with your wheels then mate??
I'm hoping to have the inside done soon T: just need another seat base, carpet insulation and spray glue and were all sorted lol

Thank you too everyone else for your kind words T:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Very nice job.... Paint looks epic mate! Always like green :) must of been a real pain masking it all up. Especially that lower grill

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lovely van,very individual. Could you tell me who supplied your black Audi style lights and what fog lights they are? Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lovely van,very individual. Could you tell me who supplied your black Audi style lights and what fog lights they are? Many thanks.
Cheers mate T:
The headlights were from vee dub transporters and the led fogs are from a seller called chrome bits on eBay there about £13 :ILU:

1 - 20 of 547 Posts