VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
How much did you guys pay for postage on your tailgate filler..

I brought mine of ebay, but the buggers wont email me back with shipping prices...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Also....

Does your sliding door open ok, with the sideskirts, ive got to hang my sliding door this week..... :( Getting a lil worried!

Yeah it clears the wheel arch (just) think im going to space the runner for some more clearance. The side skirts on mine are heavily modified so i have no real issues with the door.T:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Come on big man, no progess recently?? Whats this you lost your bed and cushions!!I:
Elo mate, been slacking of late im affrid no intersting stuff to put up. Yeah my bed went walkies (hopefully a good mate of mine is gonna make me a new one tho with seat belt points and all)T:

Anyway about time you got a build thread going on the 2.4 beast int it????Rasp:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Heres a little up date for y'all. As you may have noticed of late progress has slowed slightly but i have managed to get a few jobs done of late. I cut some holes in the side of the van for the fridge vents which are gonna look way cool (thanks must go to wolfboy the master fabricator for these).

I also went round tidy'd up the ends of the side skirts and got the bumpers properly mounted. And finished off my seat bases.

The plan is to try and get the van in paint by the end of the month but dont quote me on that as it will probably change, i did want to paint the van myself but work comitments have left me with very little spare time so im going to be farming the job out i think. Until the next update peace out.:ILU:

·
Registered
915 Posts
hey there vanmanjimmer great work on the van, just being nosy, where abouts in Wiltshire are you? my home town is Chippenham. This body shop anywhere in that region?I:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
........................ I cut some holes in the side of the van for the fridge vents which are gonna look way cool (thanks must go to wolfboy the master fabricator for these).
I am desperate to see these H:
I really dislike the vents on the side of my van you know the standard slot type, and I am looking for an alternative.
Go on giz a look :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
hey there vanmanjimmer great work on the van, just being nosy, where abouts in Wiltshire are you? my home town is Chippenham. This body shop anywhere in that region?I:

:ILU::D:ILU:

I:
Thanks for doing that animal you have nailed it thats what i had in mind with the t4 logo on the side.A: I had decided on a different colour scheme but i may have just changed my mind. I live in westbury bout 20 miles outside chippenham.:ILU:

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Been following this thread from the start and hope you get it painted this way vanman as cant wait to see the pics of finished motor Mate ;)

·
Registered
683 Posts
That'll look sweet, the van is gonna be awesome mate, looking forward to seeing the fridge vents, I'm putting off fitting the standard ones I have cos well, they just look completely pants!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Thanks for doing that animal you have nailed it thats what i had in mind with the t4 logo on the side.A: I had decided on a different colour scheme but i may have just changed my mind. I live in westbury bout 20 miles outside chippenham.:ILU:
No worries mate, took the liberty of tidying it up with handles and slider aswell....

Great work so far though, great effort!!! the way you've tinkered and blended the kit just makes the whole thing look right!! A:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
So its update time i think got no photo's which sucks but thought i should keep the thread alive.

Bought a new waeco fridge the other day brand new off e-gay £185 well pleased with that result. Also managed to get hold of an ex bt eberspacher D2 nightheater to keep it toastie on those cold nights. What else is new ahh got some new wheels got some pic's of those but keeping them under wraps for a while there will be some colour coding involved. The fridge vents are nearly finished and have been working on another small body modification (with the aid of wolfboy) for the o/s rear which is gonna look proper sweet when its done.H:

Peace.:ILU:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fair play vanman! I've just joined and i'm over the moon bout finding this thread.. this is the sort of thing i'd love to do! Maybe in a few years i'll give it a go.. I'm going to concentrate on mine for now. Well done though.. cant wait to see the finished product!! A: T: A:

61 - 80 of 261 Posts