VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it about time I posted about my build. I purchased a 2005 lwb T32 last summer which was being used as a builders van. The conversion started last November although I had a break over the winter when the weather was rubbish as I didn't have any under cover facility. I finished at the end of July although still have some minor things to do.

I started the journey with a wish to move from tenting to a more comfy sleep in a campervan. So the bed was kind of first in my design thoughts. I also liked the thought of a u shape seating arrangement in the back. We needed to seat myself, wife and daughter plus have the option for her to take a friend. Finally I was after a full conversion, so having electrics and fridge etc.

With the help of this forum I came up with a layout/design and balanced which work I could do against time-scale and got some help to fill the gaps. It started with Andi and Liam at T4Transformations who did some bigger/under cover jobs to get me a good start. They did the roof (poptopuk), windows, Webasto Airtop 2000ST diesel heater, CAK under body water tank, carpet lining and a paint job. I had a local garage fit the VW Sharran seat in the back using the original through floor fittings. Ade, aka Superstitch on here did the upholstery and I had a table top made by Keith, aka T4Chippy on here.

The rest was a lot of head scratching, blood, sweat and tears to design and then adjust, source and make and eventually get a finished product. I read endless posts on here and other sites to learn all sorts which was absolutely invaluable.

Anyway, here are a few pics. More can be found in my build album.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/album.php?albumid=17717

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Upholstery poppers. Was contemplating the self adhesive magnets you can get, but the poppers were easy to fit, discreet and they stay put. To be honest, I now remove one of the cushions when I close the doors, as it saves farting around trying to get the doors to close together. On a tailgate you shouldn't have any problems with this.

Got a couple of pics up on this thread, hope they help. http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=203331&page=3

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Yours and another on here 'L shaped' but similar is the way I'm going. Great van......inside and out. T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts