VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi Sokrates,

Posting here as you're in box is full. Thanks for the links. Will come in very handy. T: Couldn't get the pictures to work however.

Cheers Jonnie
Hi Jonnie,

Sorry, for not coming back to you earlier. I've just realized that I forgot making the Eberspächer photo folder public. It should work now. My inbox should be working too.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The latest improvement is a plate exchange heather providing hot water for showers. It's working very well and we have had many warm showers during our recent journey from southern Spain to Sweden. The heath exchanger sits on top of the starter battery and it's connected to the parking heather's (Eberspächer water heather) multi-valve. The installation turned out pretty beautiful.

The pressure water pump is placed in a box and we can feed it with water either from our portable 10 l water container or from our 32 l under floor water tank. The shower set up photo is taken in the Pyrenees where we used our 10 l water container that easily could be filled with melt water using our collapsible bucket. The system contains a thermostatic blender, since the output temperature from the heath exchanger can vary.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I had to build a bespoke cage for our two cats for bringing them with us from southern Spain to Sweden. Our journey took 16 days and we drove 4,250 kms. We found a few places during our journey where we could let our cats out in freedom, so they didn't have to be trapped in the cage all the time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Will all of the engines coolant flow go through the plate heat exchanger?

If yes; is there any chance that the plate heat exchanger will make the water go too slow?

I read somewhere that a typical engine water pump could move 28000 liters of water per hour while a lot of the plate heat exchangers that I find online that looks similar to the one you used have a max flow of somewhere between 4000-6000 liters per hour.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
That cat travel hotel is hilarious! Did they travel well? Our cat hates just heading 10mins down the road to the vets in our van!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That cat travel hotel is hilarious! Did they travel well? Our cat hates just heading 10mins down the road to the vets in our van!
The two cats have now made five round trips between southern Spain and Sweden in their "travel hotel" trips. Each way is about 4,000 km and it tend to take about two week, in total so far they've traveled almost 40,000 km in the box and spent about 20 weeks of their life there.

I need to bring the two cats from the flat in Spain to the car, which is a real hassle with the female rescue cat that hates to get into any of the small transport boxes. She gets very stressed when trapped in a small box, so it's difficult just to bring her to the vet. Lately, I've had to trap her in the laundry basket to bring her to the car. The big box in the car is a different issue. She happily gets into the big box and even into the small transport boxes, when their integrated into the big box, for hiding from any dangers outside the car. The male Birman is easier, since he can be picked up without difficulties and doesn't have a problem to get into one of the small transport boxes. I'm the only one that can pick up the female rescue cat, but just for a very short time, so she has to get into the car on her own.

When travelling the cats are out in freedom at least every other day and from time to time much more frequently. So far I've always managed to get them back into the big box :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Bet it stinks with them cats in the van though.lol.
It manly stinks when they've used their litter box, but I take it away as soon as possible with a spoon. I even take away the majority of the sand that has absorbed urine. The litter is put in a plastic bag, which is stored in a plastic bucket with a lid until it's time to through the bag away.

Furthermore, their litter box consists of two plastic boxes. I've punched holes at the bottom in the inner box and a bit of cat sand is kept in between the two boxes. This seams to help the cat sand to absorb urine better. It's my point of view that cat urine smell more when it's a bit wet at the bottom of the litter box, without being absorbed by the cat sand.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Will all of the engines coolant flow go through the plate heat exchanger?

If yes; is there any chance that the plate heat exchanger will make the water go too slow?

I read somewhere that a typical engine water pump could move 28000 liters of water per hour while a lot of the plate heat exchangers that I find online that looks similar to the one you used have a max flow of somewhere between 4000-6000 liters per hour.
I'm sorry for not have seen your post sooner.

No, not all of the engine coolant flow through the plate heat exchanger. The inflow to the heat exchanger is connected to the port of the 5-ports valve that has got a back-valve. The engine's water pump deliver higher pressure then the electric circulation pump, so the back-valve close the flow through the plate heat exchanger when the engine runs, but not when only the electric circulation pumps runs.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts