VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new on here and new to T4's.

Just bought our first van - a UK, RHD 2000 Dragon Green Multivan. I had been following the prices of multivans, velles and synchros for years and finally decided to throw caution to the wind.

We've only had it a few weeks and are in the process of getting a few bits sorted. Had the cambelt done and will be having an exhaust leak sorted at VW Connections in Truro. Done the intercooler mounts, door check straps bolts (which had fallen out), a couple of slack arm rests and a few other minor bits myself.

Gutted as I'm abroad working now but have all the Alpine stereo gear to strip out as it's so old and obsolete. Just going to replace with a simple bluetooth head unit for now. It is a shame as the original front and rear screen Alpine with CD changer and DVD SatNav would have cost a fortune in it's day. Then it's wait for a sunny day and all seats out for a mega deep clean. Will also be having to get underneath for a wire brush, kurust and hammerite session - not looking forward to that!

Got so many questions about the van but that's for another post!

Cheers

Van.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great ! 馃憤 :cool:.
Some of the old alpine stuff is quite collectable.
Thanks! Hoping to improve where possible, stabilise the inevitable corrosion and see how much we actually use it before making a decision on whether to upgrade to a T5.

Do you know much about the worth of this Alpine gear then? I hate scapping stuff that still has a value to someone. Here's what it is.

IMG-20210505-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20210505-WA0001.jpg

Alpine Mobile Media Station CVA-100SR

Think the 6 disc changer is Alpine too and the DVD SatNav there's also a "input hub / box" thing that those units plus the reverse camera all run through before going onto the head unit. Can't get pics of them as I'm away. Also a second Alpine screen for the rear with it's own remote.

No worries if you don't know and thanks for at least making me aware it may be of interest to someone.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Hoping to improve where possible, stabilise the inevitable corrosion and see how much we actually use it before making a decision on whether to upgrade to a T5.

Do you know much about the worth of this Alpine gear then? I hate scapping stuff that still has a value to someone. Here's what it is.

View attachment 191900 View attachment 191898 View attachment 191899

Alpine Mobile Media Station CVA-100SR

Think the 6 disc changer is Alpine too and the DVD SatNav there's also a "input hub / box" thing that those units plus the reverse camera all run through before going onto the head unit. Can't get pics of them as I'm away. Also a second Alpine screen for the rear with it's own remote.

No worries if you don't know and thanks for at least making me aware it may be of interest to someone.
just realised it's a 1005R not 100SR

Premium Member
Hi and welcome, Good looking Bus there..
Ive got a Dragon Green Caravelle one of the best colours around for these.

Premium Member
Welcome aboard, great looking motor you've got there (y)

Registered
Congratulations, I think it is the one I was also looking at but took too long to decide. Was it advertised in Chepstow? I was slightly worried about the number plate being covered in the ad so I'm now biting my fingers for not taking the risk :) Also, do you mind sharing your experience in finding a Multivan? I've found that most of them will either be way too expensive (around 10k) or in a very bad shape.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts