VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after buying my T4 a few months back its time for the maiden voyage, my rentals have a house in the middle of no where (Souce) about an hour and a half away from Mont Saint-Michel, So if any one knows of any where spectacular to watch the sun set or any thing interesting to do in the area. Let me know!

I really didn’t realise how much prep goes in to a long trip,, servicing, preventative maintenance, installing the split charge system, batteries, power points and wangling a fridge… but it should all be worth it…

The best part it that we have no real designated stops so its purely random!!

Timmos :cool:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Random is the best way - no agenda.
We went to M St M last year, a great spectacle (but very touristy and packed when we were there).
You'll love it, the roads are great. We enjoyed it so much last year we went this year for 4 weeks.
One tip - nearly everything closes for a couple of hours or so around lunch time so get your supplies in before you get hungry (supermarches are open though in most cases).
another tip - red wine in Intermarche and Carrefour for 90 cents - nice. Aldi for beer :)

Bon Voyage

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Van Quish...

I have been before but it was a fly by visit, I will definatly be getting the red wine stocks in, there is nothing quite like a good quaffing wine ;-)

do you know of any more rather spectacular sights in the surrounding areas?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
We just passed through, we headed to the NW bit around Brest. It sounds tight but we dont do the 'pay to get in' places, we find mini spectacles, we do walks, rides and kite when windy. We also chill out in campsiteshaving a drink and creating interesting meals on the Cobb (we should write a book of recipes T:).

sorry cant be more informative

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
you are going to have a fab time....

i have just come back from nearly three weeks in france....had the most awesome time...nothing planned just rocked up at aires and cheap campsites...spent all my time cruising the west coast from Vannes in brittany down toward La Rochelle.

have a wonderful time :ILU:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just got back from Campier just down from Brest. Had a great week, van was perfect.

The surf was a bit flat.

Saw a x-AA van outside a surf shop - uk plates, think the town was St Abbe (porte Abbe?).

Watch out for their low level speed cameras, limit of 110kmh means the camera goes off at 120kmh (thats roughly 70mph going off at 75!!!) not much of a tolerance as I found out when over taking at 77mph on a straight open dual carriage way!!!!!!:*

Oceanopolis in Brest wasn't very good, might have been because it was o busy and my kids were kicking off - I would n't recommend the visit.

Have fun, eat local food its cheaper, and even a little bit of French speaking gets you friendlier service.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well what an Eppic day today has turned out to be!!!

i woke up this morning got out to the van and it wouldnt start, BLEH!!

it turns out that the other half plugged the cooler box in to the wrong lighter point after i had a bit of a saga yesterday with the leasure bat going dead due to blown fuses!

i was planning to nip home to get it on charge at dinner time but i got called out to leeds, 1.5 hours each way, so i missed dinner time but i managed to get it on charge on the way home! now lets just hope all goes well form 5pm tonihgt :D

i normaly only eat the local food and we just plan to bum around so cheap/free is the way for me!

does any one know the rough price of diesel over there? i just want to know if its worth filling up over here before i get on the ferry?:eek:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I found a shell last week for 95.6cents per litre, look around 1/4 of a mie down the road one was 1.11cents !!!

Ranom is best I find too, had a great time and we only went for 5days!

Good luck T:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts