VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
whilst weather was bad outside i set about stripping interior completley.

i wanted the van to have more of a car feel up front, as im using it as a day van come weekender. im used to having elecy windows, central locking, sounds and comfy seats etc, so set about getting this done whilst interior was stripped.

i didnt take any photos of inside rear insulation, as there are enough of them already, but i basically used thermal wrapping, recycled plastic bottle insulation and waxoyled where ever i could get it!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a right nightmare trying to source leccy windows in the end, i only got hold of the mechanisms. Bit of a result thou i didnt know they were one touch units. :D

So i decided to make my own loom up, and get my own switches to operate windows.

My loom for my leccy windows

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whilst i was in the mist of doing me widows decided the best way to do central locking was fit an alarm to control it.

Started to alter me door cards, so i could fit me leccy window switches. whilst doing this i thought about putting the Leds by the door pins.

modded door pin carriers for Leds

cards almost ready to go back in van

Looking at the passanger door card it looked bare without a door pocket, so i fitted one.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fitting door cards back on i just didnt like th way they looked.

id already thought about painting them black? but in the end decided to carbon fibre the door handles as i was already doing the roof linning!

the roof lining was just going to be painted. i knackered it whilst trying to take it down so used surfboard resin and carbon fibred it!
glad i knackered it as im pleased with the result. :D

You can see a slight bubble but as im going to fit sunroof it wont be there anymore!
im after landrover electric one so PM me if youve got one you dont want T:

i also had to paint sunvisors and leatherette the door pillar covers as well to match roof.

im starting to like the black an grey theme :D

well back to door cards. i used electrical grommets to blank holes were window winders went, and yeah it looked pants. :confused:

i then decided id put tweeters there to cover holes up.

oh and me door pulls fitted as well.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Fitting door cards back on i just didnt like th way they looked.

id already thought about painting them black? but in the end decided to carbon fibre the door handles as i was already doing the roof linning!

the roof lining was just going to be painted. i knackered it whilst trying to take it down so used surfboard resin and carbon fibred it!
glad i knackered it as im pleased with the result. :D

You can see a slight bubble but as im going to fit sunroof it wont be there anymore!
im after landrover electric one so PM me if youve got one you dont want T:

i also had to paint sunvisors and leatherette the door pillar covers as well to match roof.

im starting to like the black an grey theme :D

well back to door cards. i used electrical grommets to blank holes were window winders went, and yeah it looked pants. :confused:

i then decided id put tweeters there to cover holes up.

oh and me door pulls fitted as well.

Love the Door Pulls, how the hell did you do them?

Real top job there mate!

A:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took up floor mat in cab to rust proof and insulate and to carpet!
in the end i decided gettting sand and mud in carpet id stick with origonal mat.

next was the the blackhole under the dash :confused:

Decided woofer would go nice there so set about making box to fit in the blackhole!

marine ply, fiber glassing and calculated port holes for bass reflex

Carpeted

Sub fitted underdash

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well on the lead up to christmas came across post on single wiper conversion.

hmm checked FK germany and for £24 delivered to your door one single wiper conversion kit.
at that price i had to try it out.

well when it arrived i thought bugger its left drive mechanism :confused:

none the less fitted in a treat all bar a little bit of tinkering :eek:

Had to remove plastic filter box. will tidy this up.

the void thats left seems like a good place for the lesiure battery to me?

the only propblem was the hydraulic clutch pipe :eek:. B&Q have tiny pipe benders so bought one and set pipe to miss mechanism when wiping.

whilst playing with the wiper decided it wasnt clearing enough so put a mercedez 190e blade on. it now clears very well :D

oh extending the wiper motor wires was the hardest bit as i didnt want any joins in the engine bay i did it from inside, whilst dash was apart.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What was next? yeah christmas eve arrives and misses comes home from work Pi*%ed.

it was a good night ;)

even better in the morning shed got me these, im glad i remembered her card LOL:

i knew what they were bless her, how due hide them? plus id been drolling over them. :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Door pulls were easy.

1 rub handles down.
2 spray with glue.
3 wrap with carbon material.
4 stretch around inner lips and glue with mitre rapid.
5 when all glue is set trim inner lips so they clip in place.

done

thats the gordon ramsey version :D
Sounds easy, but not got a clue!

What parts did you use, is it real carbon?

And where can you get the stuff from, fancy a crack at this!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds easy, but not got a clue!

What parts did you use, is it real carbon?

And where can you get the stuff from, fancy a crack at this!
mitre rapid B&Q, spray glue ebay, hi temp stuff and i think it was AS for carbon vinyl cloth ebay again!

oh some sand paper and a bucket of patience T:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So it was on with xmas, and time to spend a few days away from me van.

Keeping everybody entertained and happy :eek:

decided to do something different this year and made some smoothey cocktails.

dog seemed interested, so we gave him some duck and added some tequeilla. wed had a few by then.

we called it a duckilla. H:

well bax enjoyed it?

he run round like a domented idiot all afternoon which was entertaining and then went to sleep with the rest of us :D

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
misses mate came round.

and shes drinking non alchohlic orange sunrise! before anyone asks! which she liked alot.

so we got talking and i said santa keeps rudolf living in the woods behind us! wish i hadnt said that,because we then had to go for a walk to look for rudolf? I:

armed with carrot

we didnt see rudolf, funny that.

the thing is. it was sort of a lie, there is a herd of deer that live just behind us and we didnt see any!

what a shame because we did a few days after.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
so back to me van.

changed clocks for the blue plasma ones. this turned out to be a bit of mission didnt know what a W terminal was? well never owned a dersel before.

armed with wiring diagrams of dash etc changed wiring to accept knew ones :D

oil buzzer bleeping other warning lights on etc! :eek:
Basically worked out you pretty much earth everthing your not using!

installed boost gauge, used one i had petrol type. needle bounced round like a lunatic, something to do with how a diesel works I:

note the connector block. if your using a petrol gauge youll need to squeeze boost pipe slightly just to get rid of oscillating needle.

decided didnt like the gauge after all, and went for one that matched blue dials instead. which is for diesel noticed they reduce the apeture on the back to almost a pin hole! (this must be how they get rid of the oscilations on tick over).

also notice in the picture i did passat hazzard change didnt like that either. so i used 106 gti switches and the 106 quicksilver rope grab handles.

finished dash minus cigarette lighter. its coming from bulgaria I:

em view from otherside

1 - 20 of 22 Posts