VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, recently picked up my T4 from newcastle and brought it all the way home to good old Somerset A:

aswell as the T4 i have a mk4 20vt which the missus is driving at the mo and a mk1 caddy with a 16v 2l ABF motor on twin 40 dellortos which is looking abit sorry for its self as its been sat on the drive quite some time... Fuel aint cheap and the dellortos love to drink! its on the horizon tho to sort her out and poss sell in the not to distant future... (watch this place)

As for the T4... Didnt miss a beat all the way home...T: A: but now its a different story. I will be crying in the technical sections for a while swatting up on the ins and outs of these beasties.

The list of work at the mo stands as new battery, poss starter and chasing an anoying rubbery squeek under the front. has also developed a leaky gearbox (my drive is covered in oil patchs... missus = :eek::no followed by "GET RID OF IT!") oh and last but not least held at 50-60mph she loses power every now and then till u let off the throttle and put it bk down... or just starts to do a power no power dance (ive been told this is the throttle cable sensor!? true false?)

However I believe my problems generate from previous owners as she is an 800 special that has had a 2.4 fitted.... dunno what they done or how well yet but would seem not very... Looking into 1.9TDi conversion tho... once again watch this space...

Rant over anyhow......

Hi names mike based in Yeovil, somerset. If you from the area im always happy to meet new peeps... hoping to hit the meets etc this years depending what happens with the beast.

Will post pics when i get some on the computer but for now look out for a sunburnt orange (ginger lol) wagon...T:J::jiggy

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hi and welcome along to the forum bud. Good luck with sorting your van.
Trawl through the various, sections on here there is always help at hand etc.

Steve W....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts