VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Looks like a good van to start with, and at least you will have the good weather to work on it, good luckT:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice base van mate. I have almost the same planned, although I'm still looking for good van. I also want a camper based around carrying two bikes, 1 DH and 1 hardtail and also fold up bed/ sleeping platform of some sort. Will be interested to see how you do yours. What plans do you have? I've heard that rock and roll bed and two bikes won't go...

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not been v well so not had much chance to do any work well what new then woop woop i got 18s happydays
well then of course there was some more flashtape to be done
one more roll should do it 1 layer will do and cant b bothered to do 2 lol.owwww look shiney lol
right that will do me for today crack on with it tomoz

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'm doing a similar sort of thing to you guys however i have 2 bikes and a kayak to squeeze in!

My plan is just to put a bed down the side behind the drivers seat in a storage box kind of arrangment, however the lid has an extra bit of ply attached that folds out to double its width. the boat can go under this.
That can leave you about 1ft half between edge of bed and NS wheel arch of which two bikes fit :) That wheel arch will be blessed with a fold down shelf for a cooker. for that muched loved brew and bacon sarnie :) Above the bed will be some small shelves for food of other things.

Only had my van 5 days and need to give her a service and get a second key cut once thats done the project can begin and pictures can follow.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got a few ideas of how i am going to do it.puting bed down one side behind driver for me with a unit of some discription at the end then for my m8 cuz he short lol guna keep double seat in as it fold flat that will make top part of his bed then make a bit of a frame off it for the rest of bed should just be enough room for 2 dh bikes with both wheels on will just have to remove the bars instead i will make it all fit in.no way am leaving my bike on a bike rack

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well still not done much more.the van has decided to start leaking desiel hmmm so that to be fixed and guna do cam belt at same time as I have no idea when it was last done.
Um well Finaly started cutting bulkhead out

Much grinding and swearing later and it out woop woop

The wheels were a bit curbed so decided to polish the lip rather than re paint
looks ok I think.
Getting a side window next week,and now to decide how to lower it just springs or go the whole hog and get a avo street kit hmmmmmm

1 - 20 of 58 Posts