VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evenin' all,

I've just picked up a set of wheels for my T5 panel van which were previously on a Range Rover. They're not original RR wheels but have the same stud arrangement. 'Rial faro' is the name of the wheels. Size wise they're a 9j 20" rim with 295x45x20 tyres. I know I need spigot rings (ordered already) but having rested them up against the van I am now worried that they're too big! Is this possible? Don't people put 22" rims on their T5's?Would the tyres be better if they were smaller?
Any ideas guys would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
316 Posts
i would imagen that they will fit no worries at all, like you said people fit 22" rims. i remember the first set of 20" rims i put on a t4 and they seemed MASSIVE! im running 19"'s off a range rover and they dont have any fitting issues, obviously it all depends on the offset etc but im sure they will be good for it. dont forget that you may need a different set of nuts and bots to fit them .. that is if they are a standard range rover fitting.. get them on and get some pics up for us all to see!

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Depending on the offset of the rears, I reckon you'll be close to the inner arches. I've got 285/19's with a 45 offset on mine and they're only about 3 or 4 mm clear of the rear arch linersI:

Hope they fit bud, I'm sure they'll look sweet. There's nothing that changes the look of any motor like a decent set of wheels:D

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
S%*t you fellas are quick!
Thanks for the replies, I'll get hold of some studs and try them out in the next couple of days. Once i'm sorted I'll put some flicks on here to see what you think.

Enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right, these tyres are waaaaay too big!!

What would be the best size to fit?

Anyone know of a tyre that suits a shall we say, restricted budget!!!?

Ta fellas!

·
T4 Custom trailer maker
1,916 Posts
If they rub on the inside try a set of 10mm spacer rings from say halfords ?
Might help as 20s are not gonna be a cheap tyre whatever you choose

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have 275/40/19 on the rear and they rubbed very slightly .

As previous post said you might have to get spacers but then they will stick out from the van and unless you cover them up you might get probs getting it MOTed

If they are 9j rims i think you can go as narrow as 245 so maybe look at new rubber .....i put falken 452's on mine which are pretty good and work out about 120 each

1 - 8 of 8 Posts