VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this from the forum, spent a small fortune on MOT and now as of 5.30 today back on the road :)

It's the very first pic, 98 1.9 td

For those of you wanting cheap alloys, these with tyres were fifty quid on ebay!

Well pleased :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Patience!

Will get on the case tomorrow.

You didn't notice the 60mm lowering then at the back?? Got to wind the front down now. The alloys went straight on as soon as I got home from the MOT station :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the help Steve....

When I got back to the garage the guy had it stripped. I put your suggestion to him and he said no way, get a new one. I then picked up the carrier he had taken off and noticed a hole already in it! He said the slider was seized solid. As I turned it over it dropped out onto the floor! Result.... (and won't be going back...)

The downside was I had to put a new caliper on it at a cost of 88 quid plus VAT. Still, all done now.

Project PP for it when you next have some time :)

That slider got it back on the road today, so thanks again T:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
A few more pics and the merits of towing. I think I need to lose the 60mm springs and get some 40mm ones! Waaay too low at the back, also need to wind the front down.

She tows great though :)

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Was this Pirans van??!! Looked at it a while back, not a bad beast. Did you get the bed inside or had he removed it?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, it was. Had a bit of work on it since then, bed is gone and I will be putting an Ikea one in shortly.

All the bad bits fixed and will be tarting up the paintwork a little. :)

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Ah thought so. I liked the slim storage and headlineing. Good base mate, glad your happy with it.
Btw may be interested in a swap on the rear springs if there any good.
Mine are 40's from t4srus only 5 months old, wouldnt mind some 60's. Let me know chap. :ILU:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts