VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Just had a productive afternoon finishing off the front ceiling panel for my project LWB...

...The rear ceiling panel will be finished the same...

...The main centre lights (2 per panel) will be on one switch, the blue LED's on another switch and the white LED's on a third switch.
that will be six switches in all.
Quite chuffed everything worked right on the first test I:
Just got to finish the rear panel and fit them.....
:ILU:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good work - I'd like to see a picture of it once it's finally installed in your van...T:
... Don't know about a picture...I'd just like to see it installed in the van I:

...should be installed later in the week and then we'll grab some pics T:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'd like to know where you got them from and any chance of a picky of the back of the panel so I can see how you wired them up?/ Is it in series or in parallel?

CheersT:

·
Registered
75 Posts
...Just had a productive afternoon finishing off the front ceiling panel for my project LWB...

...The main centre lights (2 per panel) will be on one switch, the blue LED's on another switch and the white LED's on a third switch.
Any links to where you got them from them mate?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
......It's taken awhile to get around to taking pictures of the ceiling fitted but here we go........

....A view from the rear of the van....

....A view from the side loader....

....Obviously they would be so much more effective if it was dark I: ....
The blue led's, white led's and round, centre Led's can all be switched independently of each other too T:

·
Registered
180 Posts

looks awesome
about to fit some leds in my van, can I ask have you left all the cables coiled up or have you trailed them up & down the roof panels
being leds do the cables get hot if left coiled up, im thinking of leaving coiled to cut down on the clutterI:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks awesome
about to fit some leds in my van, can I ask have you left all the cables coiled up or have you trailed them up & down the roof panels
being leds do the cables get hot if left coiled up, im thinking of leaving coiled to cut down on the clutterI:
There should be next to zero heat from the LED cables.
I soldered all my cables and ran from one LED to the next to the next to the next and so on. So I've got minimal spare cable behind the panels T:

·
Registered
180 Posts
There should be next to zero heat from the LED cables.
I soldered all my cables and ran from one LED to the next to the next to the next and so on. So I've got minimal spare cable behind the panels T:
Now thats an even better ideaT:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are these on an on or off function or do they also come on when the doors open?
They are on 6 different on/off switches....
My other T5 has the ceiling led's coming on when the door is opened. Pain in the rear when the door is opened in the night so the other half can go to the loo. I fitted an isolating switch in the end T:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
...No...My 12v led's work from something like 5v to 18v so why regulate :*

1 - 20 of 20 Posts