VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well..... after owning my T4 for only a week shy of a year, it went off to its new home on Monday and today I picked up my new wheels. I struggled to find a decent panel van in the colour I wanted and cheap enough to leave me within budget to carry out all the external mods I'd want to do to it. A trip up to TotallyT4 in Braunton sorted things out though and I slapped a deposit down on one of their old vans that they were re-selling for a previous customer.

So it was goodbye to this:

.... and hello to this :D

It's an 04 T30 (130bhp) with full leather seats dropped 70mm on TotallyT4 springs with 20" Range Rover alloys. They need a refurb though which will be sorted within the next few weeks hopefully. The colour is Audi Ibis white but these photo's don't really do the colour much justice. I'll take some more photos on the next sunny day.

The seats in the back will be the first thing to go on fleabay to make way for a nice side mounted seat / bed setup and the full height bulk head near the back will simply unscrew to leave me with a nice new blank canvas.

It drives and handles like a dream and I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with it. I've got big plans for a practical and removable yet funky and comfy interior..... watch this space. ;)

Opinions / criticism / general p1ss taking welcome. :D:D

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's been used as a sparkys van for the past year so it has the odd mark here and there inside of the rear doors and side loading door but nothing that an afternoon with a rattle can wont cover over.

It also just needed a bloody good clean as well. Some of the dirt and grime on the dash and door pillars must have been there since the van was new. I spent 6 hours cleaning it on Saturday and reckon it will take me a good few more days to get the interior looking like new again.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does look nice Matt, the only thing I can see wrong with it is it's a T5 :eek:
Cheers Dan.

Yep..... I have sinned and bought a T5 ....but I Just fancied something different for the next project. I still wouldn't mind doing a rat-look T4 at some point in the future though but parking space is an issue at the moment. A bigger driveway will be high on the list of priorities when i move house, then I'll be on the lookout for a cheap T4 in addition to the T5.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Well Matt what can i say, Me and the kids really liked the rolling entertainment centre you had before and even though i'm not normally keen on T5's (just my opinion before anyone flames me) I do like what you have just bought. Lets face it, if you put the same efforts into this project as you did the last one it Wouldn't have mattered if you had bought a Bongo ........or is that going a bit too far lol.

Either way the end result will be stunning T:

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.