VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so heres the deal.....I had been toying around with many different ideas for bed solutions for my stripped out surf van.
I don't have all the usual kitchen stuff nor do I want it (I am in the process of designing a kitchen pod but that is for another time/thred)!
I have LWB 174 with 2+1 seat set in the rear which I need and use and captains at the front on swivels.
So what bed do I go for.....?? I looked on the forum as much as you probably more looking at all the pictures of peoples designs etc and I thought I was going to go for a bench style bed like the black 'SickYo' van on here (you know the one) but then I came across BURGZT5 pictures of his Autobeds RnR...from the pictures I was impressed by the build and quality of the look.

I was slowly coming around to the idea of an RnR.....and based on a few factors (time,££ and ease of use) I decided to make the call.
The thing that is different about my bed set up is that I wanted it opening to the rear of the van and taking up on the two forward lashing points for safety and ease of removal.
I called Mark he understood what I was after and after a bit of back and forth on the phone and by mail I ordered my custom bed. I live along way from Mark but I was confident in his ability from the things people have written on here and also by his communications etc.
So here are the pics.....I know that is what you really want to see!
But a big thanks to Mark at Autobeds.....a fine craftsman, helpful and delivered exactly when he said it would be!
Oh and it fitted perfectly.....can't wait for my first night on it! Highly recommended if you want an RnR...(I haven't even met the guy!)

Time for the dancing banana guy!:db:jiggyA:T:I::ILU:W::cheers:clap well pleased!

Heres a pics in bed mode!

2 seat folded down!

Loads of space underneath for boards etc!

And a few more pics coz I know you love em!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well from my experience I can't recommend them enough....Mark was super helpful and when I called up saying I wanted it opening to the rear it wasn't an issue and we just discussed the design by phone and email. It is slightly tweaked to open to the rear!
I don't know if other companies could of done it so accurately without having the van present.
The Hawaii picture covers the fuses FYI.
I would move Autobeds to the top of your list for quality/value and customer service!I:
I am super pleased with mine!T:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
i'm an AUTO beds customer to.

Mark does a good job for the money and is helpful too. Although having seen his phone the other week he might not be gettng many beds made of late I: LOL: Private joke. ;)

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Smart! Glad you like it. Like the different position its mounted as well.

Ordered mine by phone on the deck of ship in the north sea and a couple emails and it fits like a glove considering Mark never went near my van.

I got the magazine racks a while ago but have yet to get them up... or connect the 6x9's or fit the cab divider curtain I:

What are all the switches for??

·
Registered
891 Posts

Mark does a good job for the money and is helpful too. Although having seen his phone the other week he might not be gettng many beds made of late I: LOL: Private joke. ;)
Lmao - I bumped into Mark in a club a few weeks ago and saw his phone too I:

I had a bed from Mark in my last T4, awesome bed, awesome service.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The switches are for my led lights in the head lining.....8 of them, 6 independently switched and 2 in pairs!
Then the other row is internal/external temperature and status of battery 1 and 2 (auxiliary for eber) the other for van/starting.
12v charger point for phone etc.
The switches are made by CBE...

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
The switches are for my led lights in the head lining.....8 of them, 6 independently switched and 2 in pairs!
Then the other row is internal/external temperature and status of battery 1 and 2 (auxiliary for eber) the other for van/starting.
12v charger point for phone etc.
The switches are made by CBE...
I need reasons like that to justify buying those type of switch panels. I don't have any extra lights in the roof, or heater or temp sensors.... they just look the business and just do something to the appearance of interior.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
LOL: LOL.. yes he made two very good points, very comfortable to rest your head on, esp on one of his beds Lucky bugger I:

wounder what foam is used to pad them out

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

lol mark good picture eh T:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

I had a bed from Mark in my last T4, awesome bed, awesome service.
bloody hell rick i just remembered seeing you that night, that womens face when i gave her that pound he he T:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Ok so heres the deal.....I had been toying around with many different ideas for bed solutions for my stripped out surf van.
I don't have all the usual kitchen stuff nor do I want it (I am in the process of designing a kitchen pod but that is for another time/thred)!
I have LWB 174 with 2+1 seat set in the rear which I need and use and captains at the front on swivels.
So what bed do I go for.....?? I looked on the forum as much as you probably more looking at all the pictures of peoples designs etc and I thought I was going to go for a bench style bed like the black 'SickYo' van on here (you know the one) but then I came across BURGZT5 pictures of his Autobeds RnR...from the pictures I was impressed by the build and quality of the look.

I was slowly coming around to the idea of an RnR.....and based on a few factors (time,££ and ease of use) I decided to make the call.
The thing that is different about my bed set up is that I wanted it opening to the rear of the van and taking up on the two forward lashing points for safety and ease of removal.
I called Mark he understood what I was after and after a bit of back and forth on the phone and by mail I ordered my custom bed. I live along way from Mark but I was confident in his ability from the things people have written on here and also by his communications etc.
So here are the pics.....I know that is what you really want to see!
But a big thanks to Mark at Autobeds.....a fine craftsman, helpful and delivered exactly when he said it would be!
Oh and it fitted perfectly.....can't wait for my first night on it! Highly recommended if you want an RnR...(I haven't even met the guy!)

Time for the dancing banana guy!:db:jiggyA:T:I::ILU:W::cheers:clap well pleased!

Heres a pics in bed mode!

2 seat folded down!

Loads of space underneath for boards etc!

And a few more pics coz I know you love em!

lloking sweet there alex mat, thanks very much for the order and feed back T:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your welcome......although this private joke is making me curious!!! Spill the beans....
Glad your liking the set up...reckon you will get simlar orders down the road as it works well. Cheers

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm also interested in a R&R bed that opens to the rear of the van, leaving me room at the back for equipment, when it's in seat mode. Can't seem to see any photos!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts