VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Although I've been bothering you all for a couple of weeks i didn't actually get the van until the middle of last week, it's a 2.5tdi auto with 86k on the clock, the bodywork is a bit tatty to be honest so after lengthy discussion with 'er indoors we've got it booked in for a full respray, the alloys are also kerbed quite badly so he's going to refurbish them as well, I'm thinking of black for the wheels, it'll tie in with the tinted windows, I'm going to start again with the cabinets, it's painted 6mm mdf at the mo so I'll make something up for in there and we should be all good barring any major disasters!

By the way, forgive the randomness of the pics, it's more luck than judgment that they've gone on at all LOL:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nice straight looking van mate, same colour as mine. Been thinking of a full respray myself but can't decide wether to stay with the same colour or not. Who you using?
Good luck with it looking forward to seeing the resultsT:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice straight looking van mate, same colour as mine. Been thinking of a full respray myself but can't decide wether to stay with the same colour or not. Who you using?
Good luck with it looking forward to seeing the resultsT:
Hi Syd
I'm using bodyworx at Creech St Michael, they seem to do a lot of t4/t5's, he was spraying a t4 in a bronze metallic when I went there yesterday which looked stunning
I've gone for a dark blue metallic so that it doesn't shout at the original colour because I'm not having the inside done as well, I've opted for metallic to try and preserve the paintwork from stone chips a bit better, at least it won't show the primer quite so easily if it does chip, I've opted for silver wheels as well, he talked me out of the black and thinking about it I think it's the right decision so all being well in a few weeks I should have it finished, only downside is that we can't afford to get the bumpers done as well at the mo so will have to look at that in the future

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yours looks very tidy in comparison to mine mate, although the bodywork looks ok from a distance it's quite marked , one of the reasons I wanted to get it sorted so quickly!
He had a respray before we bought him so the paints immaculate :) ours hasn't got an interior though so you win on that front T: yours does look a nice base to start with :) I'm too eager with ours the other half keeps telling me off :*:D

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He had a respray before we bought him so the paints immaculate :) ours hasn't got an interior though so you win on that front T: yours does look a nice base to start with :) I'm too eager with ours the other half keeps telling me off :*:D
Yes it's easy to throw lots of dosh at it isn't it, mine's an automatic which I was a little unsure about to start with but it's all good, easy enough to drive and the other half can drive it ok which is the main thing as she will use it every day for work, I think you'd be very lucky to find one that ticked every box in your wish list

1 - 10 of 10 Posts