VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alrighty... Basically the story goes... I've been travelling since early December and dad's been using the van to keep it running nicely... Only thing is my van's running these wheels and he's left a few more kerb marks on them :*

Mercedes Lorinser LM6 SLR 19's

So... me thinking I need some more practical wheels for daily use, and keep those as show wheels, I went on a search. After a few eBay messages and bit n pieces I got me these! 225 60 16 99W branded tyres fitted with 5mm tread :D

Also... I'M BEGINNING TO DREAM OF SOME STREEEEEEEEEETCH

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Thanks, was too good to miss :)

T:

Me too! Brother's picking them up today then hopefully fitting them for me in the next week with a few pics - I'm stuck in New Zealand waiting to get home and make them look good T:
How awful being stuck in new zealand:eek:, dont forget you showed me the photos of the sun and surf;) looked a pretty good place to be stuck T:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Alrighty... Basically the story goes... I've been travelling since early December and dad's been using the van to keep it running nicely... Only thing is my van's running these wheels and he's left a few more kerb marks on them :*

I got a set of these my fronts 8.5 my rears are 9.5 wide huge rims may just sell them as dont think these will fit

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I got a set of these my fronts 8.5 my rears are 9.5 wide huge rims may just sell them as dont think these will fit
Mine are fitted with Pirelli 235/35/19s all round. They fit on my van without any mods... There is space to lower 50mm and that will be done in April...

But plenty of space to lower with the Pentas I:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
T: nice wheels...

i would do them up and keep the pentas on all the time. use them for shows too:ILU:
We'll see... I love my lorinsers, so once they're refurbed I will probably have them as show wheels... unless of course I slam the backside of my van onto the pentas which is always possible I:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
Very nice mate, small wheels are so much more practical on vans, i'm loving mine on the steels at the moment. Potholes are not a problem and no more cringeing every time i go down a country lane T:T:T:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice mate, small wheels are so much more practical on vans, i'm loving mine on the steels at the moment. Potholes are not a problem and no more cringeing every time i go down a country lane T:T:T:
Yeap... I really like the offroad look that yoyo's going for with 4wd tyres on pentas but dont want to copy... I:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts