VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i love mercedes steels:D as many of you know...:ILU: always had them on my van.

just picked up another set of 16" x 7j wheels, et37 with near new pirelli p6000 tyresT: straight swap for a pinstriping job:ILU:

these are my current ones... 16" x 7.5j, et 42... painted up to match the van

started off like this new from mercedes...

these are the 'new' ones... got the tyres off today and will start the refurbishment process...

quick clean... not too bad a condition. will get them beadblasted and paint them up.

something a bit different with these though, very labour intensive but will be well worth the effort;)

will update this when i have done some more to them...

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Re: my new steels build thread...

Fancy showing us a set of wheels and not telling us about your cunning plan, spoil sport.:ILU:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

cheers T: all i'm gonna say is I am applying some old skool traditional finishing methods to them... :wzd

10,824 Posts

It will be nice to see a true wheel artist at work, you really should be supply this as a service to us mere mortals, your wheels really do come out spot on mate, you wouldn't know what dogs they were before you started T:

·
Registered
94 Posts

Looking forward to this T:

i have just got a set to work on after being inspired by your first effort :cool: might have to hold fire now until i see what you have planned :ILU:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wheels off to the powdercoaters friday. want a rock solid finish to work on to add my detailingT: these wheels will be for shows only...

and they aren't being banded steve... leaving them at a 7j;)

about to start working on the caps... and not hub caps, smaller ones to just cover the hub nut:)

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wheels delivered to powdercoaters today for bead blast, etch primer, top coat and lacquer...:)

should be ready middle of next week:ILU:

1 - 20 of 256 Posts