VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
morning all

after selling my beloved t4 3 weeks ago the hunt was on for a t5T:

2 weeks ago today i managed to buy a lovely 58 reg basic van for the camper conversion

the following monday she went straight to a local converter that i found and left it with them A:

10 days later it was fully converted and ready to come into my bodyshop

so wednesday night i started striping her for the colour coding

grille prepped and primed and my mate blower prepping up the bumpers

while he was doing that i decided i was going to paint the back doors to look like windows and do a strip on the bonnet to match up with the grille (not sure weather i like this yet) all done in mettalic pearl blackA:

grille

thursday night i manage to get the plastics primed up (doing the front bumper this morning)

last nights task was painting the roof, what a job that was, prepped up outside, into the booth and i had less than 2 foot to try and paint itH: 2 hours later it was done

tried on one of the new wheels to see what they look likeT:

quick couple of interior shots:)

so this weekends plan is paint all the plastics white get them fitted and do some polishing

next week ill be hitting it with the lowering stickLOL: and the seats and bed are of for the leather retrim

ill keep the pics updated and hopefully our first outing will be dubfreeze

hope you like

matt

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
good lookin van, keep the pics comin

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
abit more done today

bonnet and back doors polished

front bumper prepped and primed

rear bumper and other plastics now flatted and smooth

painted smooth and shinny:D

rear seats are now and the trimmers and will be done early next week

hopefully tommorrow front bumper will be done and everything built back upT:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers for all the comments guys

im still unsure about the bonnet but i will know better tommorrow when she is built upT:

i will be offering a colour coding service when mine is finished (wanted to work out the hours involved firstT:)

but looking round at prices i think i will be able to come in around the average price if not a little cheaper :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm sure I saw you on the M1 about an hour ago going north between 25-26, if not someone else has got a white T5 with a black pop top any nice vanA:

·
Registered
217 Posts
That sentence didn't make sense it was supposed to be anyway not any:confused:, why can't I edit my post?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts