VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just seen one of my pictures being used by a company on the net.

This person or company have never been intouch with me about using it.:(

If my picture is on Photo bucket and on here does that give the Ok for people to pinch it and use it as they feel free?

I will not name and shame them...yet.

They must of seen where it came from to copy it onto there pc...

Please tell me where i stand....

I feel violated!-:eek:

Rob

·
Registered
2007 T5 2.5TDi Kombi 130bhp in Shadow Blue
1,707 Posts
I don't think there is any law from what I gather, although you could ask the company to stop using it if it bothers you.

Take it as a compliment maybe?

On another note, your'e of no relation to a Florence Mellor are you LOL:

·
Registered
8 Posts
they are in violation of your copyrights i believe... afair the picture doesn't need to have any trademarks as long as you can prove you are the owner

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Ive just launched a complaint about somone using my pics on ebay,
you would think the scruffs would buy there own camera.:eek:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Take it as a compliment maybe?
Do NOT take it as a compliment. I would contact their Marketing Manager and request politely that they either stop using you image with immediate effect or apy to use the copyright for a specific purpose/size of image.

Unfortunatley, this practice is common place and unless people make the effort to stop companies lifting images from the web, it will continue.

If they had commissioned a photographer to provide images, they would likely have paid anywhere from a £50-£100 for a stock website image, to thousands of pounds for a full size image used in a national campaign.

Don't let this go ..... but be polite. If they refuse or do not comply with your request, contact the C.A.B. with respect to your rights under copyright law. Don't know what Photobucket is like, but I use Flickr which allows me to reserve the rights on any images I post.

Any website you post images to, should also have a statement with respect to the use of images.

B

·
0 Posts
send them an invioce and take it from there
as the image was "NOT FOR SALE" you name your price!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Its your property as you took the picture.

Try deleting it from photobucket(after saving a copy) as they may have linked it & that'll mean it disappears on their site. However if that doesn't work politely ask them to pay or remove

·
Registered
403 Posts
Edited , as my reply wasnt of any help, subject should have been dealt with privately ....
lets keep the forum a friendly place T:

B

·
0 Posts
pay and remove it they have already used it ...................unless the company is run by MPs you should be good

fotopic.net is flooded with images of stuff i have made, loads of it i would love to use on our website
generally a quick email to ask if its ok to use them image is good enough.
"if you don't ask you don't get" then again if you use it and don't ask then expect to have to pay to use it and still have to remove it ......................... and get a load of agro too

Personal use u can get away with but if its used for financial gain then expect to pay!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Do NOT take it as a compliment. I would contact their Marketing Manager and request politely that they either stop using you image with immediate effect or apy to use the copyright for a specific purpose/size of image.

Unfortunatley, this practice is common place and unless people make the effort to stop companies lifting images from the web, it will continue.

If they had commissioned a photographer to provide images, they would likely have paid anywhere from a £50-£100 for a stock website image, to thousands of pounds for a full size image used in a national campaign.

Don't let this go ..... but be polite. If they refuse or do not comply with your request, contact the C.A.B. with respect to your rights under copyright law. Don't know what Photobucket is like, but I use Flickr which allows me to reserve the rights on any images I post.

Any website you post images to, should also have a statement with respect to the use of images.
Spot on. Ask them to stop using it or for payment.. I have used images that cost up to 15k+ in the past. If it's just web use then its not a much ££ as print... can be as little as £20, but you can not just use someone elses image (well you can but not if you get found out) Offer to license them use of the image. But let them know they've been rumbled!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I presume you me me and ww.vwt4performance.co.uk I must have missunderstood your post in the sexy pics wanted add i placed......

#25 09-07-09, 21:36
rob64981
Cab bunk maker..

Re: WANTED SEXY PICS OF YOUR T4s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some pics from my album..

Hope these are of some interest to you.

You may copy the links and use them if need be

Rob

Please send cab bunk money here [email protected]

I apologise if i have missinterpreted your offer please pm me to discuss

cheers

matt

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hi Rob,

This seems to have been a misunderstanding. When placing personal info and photos on the forum you must be aware that they can be seen by the whole world.

I know that you cunningly put no fixed abode on your profile so we don't know where you live to protect your privacy. However, in many of your posts you reveal you live in the Manchester area and even give your mobile phone number which is 07*** 102662 and your paypal account info.

I believe we all need to think about protecting our identities and property.

Ian. :D

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
im confused has morris used the pictures in the "sexy t4 thread"

that you stated

You may copy the links and use them if need be

or are they other images

?????

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Come on chaps....is this not a wee bit daft :confused: I agree, in this day and age we should be careful about what information we make available for public viewing but in this case, the picture I believe is the one in question, is of a cool line up of T4's T: There are no registrations showing, I, have no idea where the location is and permission was given to use the pictures posted anyway I:

IF, the gesture of copying the links and using them HAS been misinterpreted, then thats all it is and could have been sorted via PM rather than this 'Americano I'm gonna seek advice & sue ur little ass' stylee Rasp:

What is the world coming too :*

Peace, love & an understanding eye for a bloody nice picture A:

Chris

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
is it such a bad thing

id feel it was a compliment myself

depending on the use of picture

wouldnt if it was on ebay like a few storys ive heard recently

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
bloody hell chris that was actually quite a sensible reply mate. you ok. whats the symptoms of swine flu. MEDIC. Rasp:

B

·
0 Posts
I presume you me me and ww.vwt4performance.co.uk I must have missunderstood your post in the sexy pics wanted add i placed......

I apologise if i have missinterpreted your offer please pm me to discuss

cheers

matt
As the title says I want pics of T4s sexier the better...................

I would think its possibly because it wasnt made clear what the pics were to be used for .
Personal or commercial use Y:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.