VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
UPDATE

Almsot finished the cupboards, a made 1 miss cut that I'm not happy with so ordered a replacement panel so that in turn is preventing me putting the top onto the wardrobe end, for now as you can see it's almost all completed ready for the appliances and electeics to be carried out

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Furniture looks smart mate, really starts to feel like a camper when you get these in (y)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
UPDATE

Kitchen unit is now finished and awaiting the fridge and cooker/sink combo.
The Thermostat for the underfloor heating is in also, just got the distribution board left to wire in on Sunday.

I hope you like it peeps

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
UPDATE

Some more little bits added to the build

Vimar UK sockets and twin fast USB charging points, 1 fitted the other will be fitted Friday.

Also my new table top plunge socket has turned up again fitting Friday

And my Vimar underfloor heating isolation switch I've managed to source, need an isolation switch for my fridge and anything else I fit on Friday, all electrics should be done and tested so an update will follow once completed

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
It's all coming together now mate 🥳
Had my first meal in the back of mine yesterday using the bench and table, was awesome! What are you plans re seating / sleeping?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Got myself a R&R measured up on Saturday, will be covered to match the front seats, same grey and same perferated centres with a Porsche Logo stitched into the headrests in black.

Also for my daughter I am getting her the single bed that spans the front cab from door to door.

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Wow that will look epic mate, will certainly drawer in a crowd when you're at shows etc (y)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
MINOR UPDATE

Air horn fitted now and relocated to in the bay behind the passenger headlight to prevent water spray damage

125dB of pure MOVE OUT THE WAY hahaha

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
I dont know about your t4 stock horn but the one in our van sounded like something from a kia picanto!
I was almost embarrassed to blast anyone . 😔

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
On one of my previous cars, someone cut me up so I blasted the horn only to be met with a sound that resembled "I'm so sorry for nearly hitting you", it actually made me laugh and diffused the situation rather promptly 😂

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
It's been a longtime but little progress has been made lately due to work commitments.
I have however fitted this little addition to the cupboards...

And I've just had the delivery of all of the AC electrics parts and my new air filter ready for the engine work to be started soon

More progress the weekend

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
UPDATE

Today I serviced the van, she was well overdue and really quite filthy tbh.
I removed the foam behind the airbox, derestricted the airbox by removing the inlet tube both outside and inside the box base, added a larger intake pipe dorect to the side vent, once this was done I added the Green Cotton Filter.
The almost choked EGR system has now been removed completely and blanked at the manifold with a new smooth flow tophat pipe.
All old Vac Lines have been replaced with silicon hoses, many had been rubbing for ages and very very brittle.
New oil filter and oil, new pollen filter and fuel filter.
Van now drives so much more smoothly and feels more responsive.

221 - 240 of 252 Posts