VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
UPDATE

Seeing I've now a got a snapped rear trailing arm bolt and that the Bush is more than likely going to be mullered I've just ordered these for the rear and new bolts, should be back on the road end of next week.

Any hints or tips on carrying out this work? The fronts were bad but I'm guessing the rears are worse to do

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Not much has happened over the last 3 weeks other than it took that long to get my mechanic to sort my rear trailing arms once and for all haha.
All done now tho and I'm happy to tell you she's driving like a dream.
Yesterday I advertised my rear seats on Ebay and Gumtree and this morning by 8am they had sold RESULT!! Now all I have to do is remove the flooring in my van as the new owner needs the floor and rail system.
So watch this space for updates on the new look inside very soon.

This is what she looks like at the moment inside, very bare

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
UPDATE

All my rear seats and flooring have now been sold so tonight I removed them accordingly and I must say they did a hell of a job installing the flooring, was a complete nightmare to remove.

And now she looks like this inside, just needs a good hoover out and the holes sealed from where the seat rail system was situated.
Once this is done my insulation/sound deadening can go in

And I added a little bit of comedy to the side of the van too

More progress to come as it happens

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
UPDATE

Sorry I've been very lapse on posts lately guys but you will a have a few over the coming days as I have now been put on shutdown at work for the foreseeable until this Pandemic blows over.

So where shall I start...

The inside of my van has been the sole focus lately with all the panels other than the roof lining being removed.

Now that all the panels are off all wiring and essential work can be carried out behind.
Just as I type this my new door slide extension has just been delivered so that means the Porsche Wheels can soon go on WAHOO.
As for my progress today my tailgate is having some work carried out with new speaker wiring and Marine Downlights fitted courtesy of Princess Yachts along with new double insulated wiring, all looms reclipped and ran in a neat fashion to avoid cable slap or chafing

More progress updates lately

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Just finishing off the 12v wiring circuits then I'm onto the 230v circuit and electric hookup point.
Also going to fit my sliding door wedge today.

Just recieved my 30" light bar in the post, unsure where to fit it tho:
1. Front of roof
2. Above sliding door
3. Above rear door
4. On front bumper

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
UPDATE

So that door wedge was a bit of a pain to do, but now it's on its almost ready for the Porsche Wheels to go on.
Also I tackled the cable looms behind the perimeter roof lining, whomever did the original job used silver foil tape to hold the bales in place. So working for Princess Yachts and having experience working with GRP we use this special bonding agent called Crestabond. I got some cable clips from work and sealed them to the GRP roof so the cable looms can now be tie wrapped to the outside of the van in order to prevent chaffing and cable slap against the van.
Also managed to wire in my light switch temporary for the 12v lights again courtesy of Princess haha.
Just got a few more looms to run and sort the 230v circuit then it's time to do the floor.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
So today went pretty well tbh

As you've seen already the insides looking a little worse for wear than it should be but Rome wasn't built in a day!!

This is what it looks like when I stopped this evening..

In my opinion having the cable loom clipped up where it should be is so much neater now.
So with regards to the light bar, I'm unsure where to put it so hers a few positions I was thinking of..

Which do you think?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
UPDATE

A little more work done today, not a vast as the last couple of days as most of what's been done can't be seen to the eye hahaha

Today I decided to take out all unnecessary wiring and run in new Audio Cable again courtesy of work haha and to try and hide all of it accordingly. Whilst I was at it I finally tidied up the amplifier wiring under the passenger seat and installed my new Alpine Tweeters into the doors.

Before

After

Door Tweeters

And the new marine grade audio cable

Tomorrow I'm hoping to have the driverside tweeter fitted, AC Circuit ran in along with foglight electric hookup and hopefully the rear floor painted ready for the flooring to start over the coming days

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
That amp looks like it fits just nice under there ....gathered a bit of dust aswell over the years too 😁 .
Maybe one day i'll get to digging out some of the audio kit ive got stashed away . 🙃

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
UPDATE

So today's progress isn't as great as the last few days but it's still progress to say the least..

Managed to fit my light bar and wire it in to my headliner control panel.
Fitted my driverside Alpine Tweeter.
Started to fit my Toad A101 alarm.
And started to put my dashboard back together.
As always here are the pics...

More to follow tomorrow

41 - 60 of 120 Posts